No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Desean Jackson is a stud, then I have Brandon Marshall who is a stud. Going off last year's stats, they had the same yardage and Jackson had 3 more TDs but Marshall caught 40 more balls so in a PPR format with 1/2 point per reception, it's a wash.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      Not if I did the damn research.
      What damn research? The severity of the neck injury was not known until this past week.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So three studs then and I still have Brees.

Face it, you can't lose 48 bucks and expect to still be competitive.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          What damn research? The severity of the neck injury was not known until this past week.
          The severity was known at least in August in that he might miss opening week in the least. You basically passed up potential on the field injury to actual injury. Why can't you ever admit you didn't do enough research or you just chose poorly?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm actually trying an experiment this year. Seeing how well my robomanager does.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Somebody wants Miles Austin for Matt Stafford...

Do I make that trade?
              Given your situation, I would make that trade in a heartbeat. It allows you to play matchups, thus optimizing your QB play. Frankly, there are a million decent WRs out there that you can tap. You'll have to work harder than just penciling in Peyton and Miles every week, but that's probably what it will take for you to seriously compete. Putting all your chips on Freeman is weak. Despite what you think of Stafford. (Actually, that makes it totally LOL-worthy...)

Regarding your draft, Alby: Did it seriously never occur to you that there was a REASON you got Peyton at such a bargain-basement price? He was #1 on my "let somebody else have him" list, and I'm guessing that was true for the rest of your league as well. There were serious rumblings about his slower-than-expected recovery at the time we drafted here, and that was prior to your money draft.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yep. There's a reason I didn't draft any Colts this year, and the only one I have now is Kerry Collins who, presumably, is more valuable than Brian Hoyer. Two neck surgeries? Bad, bad news.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I'll be shocked if he plays this year.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• He's not playing. If Kerry plays well, they'll be like 'no need to rush Peyton'. If Kerry stinks (as he probably will), they'll be 'no need to bring Peyton into a lost season".

Comment

• Why don't you just pick up Collins? Oh wait, you didn't spend a buck to handcuff Manning?

Comment

• Cmon. He's got Freeman, and no one else was going to take Collins a that point.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I have Peyton on 1 team so now I got Henne and Cassel

and I'm already missing Bessie

Comment

• Hey you got a good RB, Berz. That was a good deal for you.

I have Choice and LT as my RBs in that league.

Comment

• Wow, JR made a good draft. Nice call for Jordy Nelson, JR.

Comment

Man, Aaron Rodgers, so many injury problems!!! Like it hurts throwing so many TDs.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X