Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    HA, no. I mean, unless you want another injured QB on your team.
    I'm thinking to rock out with Freeman until I can get this year's Fitzpatrick or Shaun Hill off the waiver wires. It just makes me so mad because I thought I had this with how strong my team is.

I lost Ryan Grant last year in this league but I had Charles and Bradshaw and picked up Torain and Blount mid-season. I had more riding on Peyton than I did with Grant last year, though, and it's always easier to get RB's than QB's from the waiver wire.

Hopefully Freeman can get it going.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Don't start some historical revisionism like you did with me and Brett Favre last year and act like I should have known better. Brett Favre's collapse came out of left field. Manning missing a season is still unfathomable even as it appears to be happening.
      Dude, I've had my chance to go big on Manning. Passed up on it in fact and paid 50 bucks of my 200 to get Brees. I have Brees, MJD, Desean and SJax. My weak spot is at flex, but I'm about to get that fixed with Santonio.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I thought it was like the knee issue from 2 years ago. Much ado about nothing because it's Peyton Manning.
        Always do your research. Unless you had a draft in mid May then I'd say you didnt do enough. In 7 different leagues I have no Peyton Manning and only one Indy WR which I got because I missed the draft I was in.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I thought it was like the knee issue from 2 years ago. Much ado about nothing because it's Peyton Manning.
          I'm the proud owner of Kerry Collins in the QB league and will be starting him over Matt Ryan. I'm liking this QB troll attitude. I own like 5 QBs.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Dude, I've had my chance to go big on Manning. Passed up on it in fact and paid 50 bucks of my 200 to get Brees. I have Brees, MJD, Desean and SJax. My weak spot is at flex, but I'm about to get that fixed with Santonio.

No one gives a ****. You're so full of ****, Ben. You use hindsight worse than Imran. Holy ****. Peyton for $46 in a league where Brady went for $93 was a ****ing steal. Just like me getting Favre last year as like the 12th QB taken was a ****ing steal.

Apparently, everyone, including you, is a psychic and knew that Manning was going to have major neck surgery the day of the NFL season opener

You're so full of ****.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• In 7 different leagues I have no Peyton Manning and only one Indy WR which I got because I missed the draft I was in.
              Collins should be good, I man this isn't like Jax. Indy has weapons and knows how to use them.

Comment

• Kerry Collins is trash. I'm a Giants fan. I know this. I know how Kerry was before he was 30 and I know him at 38 is no better.

Maybe Clark and Wayne can carry him but I doubt it. This is the guy who could get nothing out of Randy Moss.

Comment

• No one gives a ****. You're so full of ****, Ben. You use hindsight worse than Imran. Holy ****. Peyton for $46 in a league where Brady went for $93 was a ****ing steal.
                  Uh, nope! That's 43 bucks. You prolly coulda saved money and gotten Schaub. I mean I spent big bucks on two kickers, but I got the God of kickers, Bryant.

Just like me getting Favre last year as like the 12th QB taken was a ****ing steal.
                  Yeah, well ther'e a reason he was still available. I mean I got McNabb in one league. For Free. And he'll prolly do better than Favre.

Apparently, everyone, including you, is a psychic and knew that Manning was going to have major neck surgery the day of the NFL season opener
                  I stayed well away from Manning. Better options out there.

You're so full of ****.
                  Hey Del Rio blindsided me, but then I spent a low pick on Garrard.

Comment

• God of kickers? Matt Bryant? Really?

There's no such thing as a 'good' kicker in fantasy. As long as you don't get the guys who lose their jobs mid-season like Reed or Buehler, it doesn't matter who you get.

I got Robbie Gould, the guy who never misses kicks and who plays on a team with a good enough offense which falls apart at the goal-line. The Bears struggling in the redzone is well-documented. Gould is as good a kicker pick as any.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that kickers are interchangeable in fantasy.

Comment

• Kerry Collins is trash. I'm a Giants fan. I know this. I know how Kerry was before he was 30 and I know him at 38 is no better.
                      I'd love to see what he can do with some real weapons.

Comment

• There's no such thing as a 'good' kicker in fantasy.
                        I owned Akers last year, and he was a good 30 points over the average. That's 2 points per match. For the last round pick, yep that was good value.

As long as you don't get the guys who lose their jobs mid-season like Reed or Buehler, it doesn't matter who you get.
                        Actually it does matter. A good kicker can really help you.

I got Robbie Gould, the guy who never misses kicks and who plays on a team with a good enough offense which falls apart at the goal-line. The Bears struggling in the redzone is well-documented. Gould is as good a kicker pick as any.
                        Really? You think that team that struggle in the red zone are good for kickers?

Comment

I'd love to see what he can do with some real weapons.

He had Randy Moss in Oakland. He was the only QB until last year to get nothing out of Moss.

Comment

Really? You think that team that struggle in the red zone are good for kickers?
                            Yes. What the **** are you talking about? If they get inside the 20 and can't score a TD and are forced to kick field goals all the time, that's the best fantasy kicker you can get.

Ideally, you want a kicker on a team that is good enough to consistently get down the field but not good enough to score TDs. That way it's all field goals.

Comment

• Ben, season long prop bet; Matt Ryan outperforms Kerry Collins a majority of weeks excluding bye weeks, injuries and benchings.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Leave benchings on there. Matt Ryan is not getting benched. Kerry Collins probably will be.

I got a feeling on Monday morning, Bill Polian will be calling Mike Brown in Cincy and asking about Carson Palmer. Palmer would actually look really good in that offense as a stop-gap for the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X