Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son appreciates you naming your team after him, Al
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Albert, to put it in perspective, Slowwy's waiver wire TE replacement did better than 3 of your 4 first picks, save Gore.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Albert, to put it in perspective, Slowwy's waiver wire TE replacement did better than all 4 of your first round picks last year.
        Fantasy football is a game of chance.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You know that Steven Jackson dude you just dissed had 1500 yards last season.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You know that Steven Jackson dude you just dissed had 1500 yards last season.
            Same as Ahmad Bradshaw who had more TD's. What's your point?

Ahmad Bradshaw in a time share > Steven Jackson.

Steven Jackson is beat down and averaged 3.9 ypc last year. While an improved Bradford will likely help him, Josh McDaniels doesn't seem to like running the ball. And SJax is a year older. Dude is on his last legs.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• And SJax is a year older. Dude is on his last legs.
              You're right that FF is a game of luck, but going 0/4? Clearly your strategy is flawed. That's not all luck.

Touches and carries are the name of the game.

Comment

You're right that FF is a game of luck, but going 0/4? Clearly your strategy is flawed. That's not all luck.

Touches and carries are the name of the game.
                And yet I didn't finish last even with that beyond terrible first four picks. I was 12th. I must have done something right with my remaining picks and on the waiver wire to not be dead last with Favre/Randy/Greene and Gore getting injured mid-way.

Comment

• Dude is on his last legs.
                  Agreed he has some heavy mileage on him, but... Steven Jackson is 28.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Agreed he has some heavy mileage on him, but... Steven Jackson is 28.
                    I was about to compare him to Eddie George but scratch that. George had a bad season at age 28 but he followed it up with 2 more 1000 yard campaigns (albeit with a very low ypc average).

Eddie George is a good analog for SJax though, considering they're the same size and have similar styles and workloads.

Maybe SJax could have a resurgence if Bradford can be as good as McNair was in 2002 and 2003.

Still, Bradshaw is clearly who you want to keep, not SJax.

Comment

• True. Eric Dickerson had a similar career arc as well.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Fantasy football is a game of chance.
                        Only if your picks fail. If a pick of yours works out, it's due to brilliance.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Only if your picks fail. If a pick of yours works out, it's due to brilliance.
                          Just like the stock market

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Same as Ahmad Bradshaw who had more TD's. What's your point?

Ahmad Bradshaw in a time share > Steven Jackson.

Steven Jackson is beat down and averaged 3.9 ypc last year. While an improved Bradford will likely help him, Josh McDaniels doesn't seem to like running the ball. And SJax is a year older. Dude is on his last legs.
                            In the poly league I'm gonna sjax. I think Mcdaniels will improve his PPR and possibly open up the field more for him. And I think Bradshaw got his contract and will be splitting more time with jacobs. Plus the Rams schedule is better later in the season.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Guys, we still need one more player over at FFZ for my slow draft league there. That will make it a 10-team league, which should be fun. First come, first served.

League Name: FFZ Offline 2011
                              ID# 80256
                              Pass: ffz

Anyone? Bueller?

There are also openings in Chris' live draft leagues I believe.

Comment

• Jrabbit, what kind of league is it? IDP or DST? I could do another DST? I especially like the wording slow!
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X