No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or, MRT, you could just do the opposite of whatever Ben says. You know he's wrong.

I just thought I would make a note here that in D/ST league, in reference to picking two RB's in the first two rounds, my team has been re-christened from "FavreDollarFootlongs" to "I'm Thinking RB's"
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 6, 2011, 21:38.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Ditch Jackson.
      Speaking of no-brainer, there are two Jacksons on his list.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Speaking of no-brainer, there are two Jacksons on his list.
        MRT isn't stupid. I'm sure he comprehends context. I didn't put Desean Jackson's rushing stats up, obviously.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Just to be an equal jerk...

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          It should be clear from Al's post and mine that keeping LeSean is automatic.
          He has Lesean McCoy?

Comment

Or, MRT, you could just do the opposite of whatever Ben says. You know he's wrong.
            Hmm, he may have a point there...

I just thought I would make a note here that in D/ST league, in reference to picking two RB's in the first round, my team has been re-christened from "FavreDollarFootlongs" to "I'm Thinking RB's"
            Nice. But ditch the apostrophe.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Just to be an equal jerk...

He has Lesean McCoy?
              Eh, typo. We obviously have no life on a Saturday night. I should probably start putting together a draft list.

Comment

• What? The real slogan has an apostrophe:

But okay... Apostrophe removed.

Comment

• Or, MRT, you could just do the opposite of whatever Ben says. You know he's wrong
                  Care to compare our finishes in poly leagues? Last I checked your picks were terrible. SJax is a non-timeshare back, and those are rare these days.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Arby's (Roast Beef) is a possessive.
                    RBs (running backs) is a plural.

Sorry to go all grammar nazi on you. It's a good name. Much better than naming it after your QB of Fail from last year.

Comment

• I only draft players to have a cool fantasy team name

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Arby's (Roast Beef) is a possessive.
                        RBs (running backs) is a plural.

Sorry to grammar nazi on you.
                        RB is an abbreviation. Don't abbreviations get apostrophes when pluralized?

TD's, INT's, WR's, etc.?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• What round did you pick Favre in last year AL?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              What round did you pick Favre in last year AL?
                              4th

1st: Frank Gore
                              2nd: Randy Moss
                              3rd: Shonn Greene
                              4th: Brett Favre

And we covered this... while those first 4 rounds look ****ing terrible with hindsight, in August 2010, I was getting each of those players several picks after where they were projected to go on ESPN, Yahoo, etc. I had great consensus value with them at the time of the draft.

Comment

• I love the way you continue to justify it a year later. That is awesome.

For the record, I agree with you. At least on the first three -- don't know what your options were at QB.
                                (Ben, hush. We already know what you think of Randy Moss.)

Comment

Working...
                                X