No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm all for waiting for preseason games etc., but do you really think 20 days is enough time for a draft?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Yes. Yes, I do.

Aug. 15 is 23 days to kickoff (Thurs 08/08, Saints-GB).

2010 IDP, 12 teams -- started 09 August, finished 30 August = 21 days

We just need to average one round/day, and we run considerably shorter BAPAY times (4 hours per standard pick, 6 hrs total for turnaround dual picks, same as last year) than D/ST. The clock will be "on" from 8am to 10pm, 7 days/week.By my reckoning, this leaves us a couple days for our standard drama with Ben along the way.

If you're really concerned, we could running consider 8am to midnight. We have a good group of players who don't, in general, dawdle. I'm certainly open to suggestions, but just don't see any need to rush.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Thanks for the info, JR. I'll set up my draft board this weekend. When it hits Aug 15, I'll probably PM you the #1 pick.

Comment

• You can go ahead and yes, yes you do all you want, but to have the troops assembled and then have them wait doesn't seen like the best plan ever made.
          You'll definitely be in charge of screaming BAPAY.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well, Mr. Planner/Project Manager, if the goal was to see how fast we could do this, you would be right. But I've committed my time and put up with all the crap for plenty of years now, and I feel this is the right call.

Everyone will have more pertinent and current information with a later start.
            Plus, we can learn from all the mistakes made in the DST draft.

If there's a huge groundswell of support for "start yesterday, dammit," I'll certainly consider it. But frankly, other than shutting you up, I don't see the point.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Whoa! Bad vibes.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• ...says the man taking potshots from the cheap seats.

If we struggle to finish before the season starts, then mea culpa. But it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• Listen, rabbit. I see no viable reason why you should be exempt from my barbs. I know you're old enough to deal with it without tearing up. You've had worse than me, don't say that you haven't. Just get back to your commissioning duties. Go on. Go.

Comment

• That's exactly what I'm doing, Tex.

I have no problem with criticism or even cheap shots, from you or others. But I certainly have an equal right to fire back.

Comment

• Yes, of course you do.

Comment

• Keeper League Question, most yahoo defaults for RBs and WRs:

Steven Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, DeSean Jackson.

Can keep 2.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          Keeper League Question, most yahoo defaults for RBs and WRs:

Steven Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, DeSean Jackson.

Can keep 2.

You seriously consider keeping old man Steven Jackson? He'll get more guaranteed work this season than the rest, but he's beat down.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Steven Jackson is a MAN. He's got another year in the tank, sez I, and he's a bell-cow with an improving line.
                            Ahmad Bradshaw is more efficient, but the Giants say they are upgrading Jacobs' workload from 150 to 200+ touches. If true, it limits Ahmad.

That said, it IS a keeper league, so if your outlook is long term, you almost always dump the guy with the most mileage on him. But if you're trying to win this year, stick with SJax and draft youth.

It should be clear from Al's post and mine that keeping DeSean is automatic.
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 6, 2011, 21:36.

Comment

• Ahmad Bradshaw shared carries with Jacobs' last year and he had a virtually identical season to Steven Jackson:

Bradshaw: 1235 yards 8 TDs 47 catches 314 yards
                              Jackson: 1241 yards 6 TDs 46 catches 383 yards

Keep Ahmad. Ditch Jackson. It's a no-brainer.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• SJax was the man for me last season.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X