• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
    NO brainers

Miller
    Rask
    Thomas (look to draft Enroth)

PLayer s(note I haven't checked latest news so forgive me if one of these guys signed in Russia or broke a leg)

Getzlaf
    Zetterberg
    Couture
    Riberio
    Goligoski
    Franzen
    Grabovski
    Markov
    Myers
    Whitney

Laich

I hope I scrolled trhough correctly and didn't miss anyone but the top 10 was pretty easy but I am torn on the last 4 for the last two spots. I hesitate to drop Markov or Myers due to their upside and Whitney can be in the mix as well but at the same time I really like Brooks Laich some PP, some SH) . I didn't really consider Hemsky LOL
    Good list, but that's 13 down to Whitney. I am really weak on the wings, centre depth is usually the greatest in the draft pool, and it's a league with Oilers fanatics so this is my list:
    The three goalies plus

Ryan Getzlaf
    Henrik Zetterberg
    Logan Couture

Johan Franzen
    Ales Hemsky

Andrei Markov
    Alex Goligoski
    Ryan Whitney
    Tyler Myers
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      Good list, but that's 13 down to Whitney. I am really weak on the wings, centre depth is usually the greatest in the draft pool, and it's a league with Oilers fanatics so this is my list:
      The three goalies plus

Ryan Getzlaf
      Henrik Zetterberg
      Logan Couture

Johan Franzen
      Ales Hemsky

Andrei Markov
      Alex Goligoski
      Ryan Whitney
      Tyler Myers
      I know I had too many-- thats why I said I was torn among the last 4 for last two spots and listed all 14

WE didn't differ much-- You added Hemsky to my list and rejected Laich, Grabovski and Ribero-- keeping hemsky makes sense if in an Oilers heavy draft since you can probably trade him-- I have a hard time dropping Ribero given how many assists-- while Laich is just a guy I like and think has a good future
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• OK. I didn't catch that.

I'll be taking a closer look when I do the stats. If I keep Hemsky this will be the last time unless he plays 60-70+ games.

I'm hoping for a really good start and then getting an overpay midway through the season.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          OK. I didn't catch that.

I'll be taking a closer look when I do the stats. If I keep Hemsky this will be the last time unless he plays 60-70+ games.

I'm hoping for a really good start and then getting an overpay midway through the season.
          sounds sensible
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Only if he does the trade before Hemsky gets his annual "out for the season" injury. Waiting until after will drop his value considerably.

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• From a blogger type

Daymond Langkow Traded to Phoenix for Lee Stempniak

Why? Probably a salary dump. Calgary Flames have shed more salary by dumping Daymond Langkow's 4.5 million salary in favour of a much lighter cap hit of 1.9 million. The new management is certainly putting their stamp on the team literally nixing many of the expensive contracts of the Darryl Sutter era. (Why wasn't it Stajan though, oh right, no team is stupid enough to take him, mind you, Buffalo did take Kotalik....)

Flames fans have few reasons to be excited for the upcoming season, Langkow was one of them. A chance to play a full year with a top centerman might have been the edge the team needed. Instead, the logjam at the C position, including the aged Morrison and apparently David Moss, are the solutions for the Flames at C. I'm not sold.

Comment

Working...
              X