NHL Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Off Season

Figured a new thread would be in order. For further Luongo fellating/everything-about-Vancouver-is-worse-than-Hilter b*tching, please visit the other thread.

And so it begins:

The Philadelphia Flyers have traded top goal-scorer Jeff Carter to the Columbus Blue Jackets for forward Jake Voracek and the club's first- and third-round picks.

Carter's agent, Rick Curran, confirmed the deal on Thursday afternoon. He said he was stunned by the news after being told last week that the Flyers were not discussing trading Carter to the Blue Jackets.

His presence finally gives the Blue Jackets a top-line centre to pair with their best player, Rick Nash.

Voracek, a first-round pick in the 2007 draft, had 14 goals and 32 assists a year ago. The move should clear enough salary cap space so that the Flyers can sign goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

Should certainly help Columbus.

Also read that Calgary is asking Regehr to waive his no trade clause for a move to Buffalo.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Jagr to Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
      Figured a new thread would be in order. For further Luongo fellating/everything-about-Vancouver-is-worse-than-Hilter b*tching, please visit the other thread.

And so it begins:

The Philadelphia Flyers have traded top goal-scorer Jeff Carter to the Columbus Blue Jackets for forward Jake Voracek and the club's first- and third-round picks.

Carter's agent, Rick Curran, confirmed the deal on Thursday afternoon. He said he was stunned by the news after being told last week that the Flyers were not discussing trading Carter to the Blue Jackets.

His presence finally gives the Blue Jackets a top-line centre to pair with their best player, Rick Nash.

Voracek, a first-round pick in the 2007 draft, had 14 goals and 32 assists a year ago. The move should clear enough salary cap space so that the Flyers can sign goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

Should certainly help Columbus.

Also read that Calgary is asking Regehr to waive his no trade clause for a move to Buffalo.
      I heard San Jose.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Philly also traded away Mike Richards to the Los Angeles Kings for forwards Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a second-round draft pick.

Philly's core for the next decade traded in half an hour. Wow.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
          No surprise that they might want to move Regehr. Whether you are looking at long term rebuilding or even short term improvement, regehr probably has enough value to get something back or just clearing cap space.

The Flames used to have some reasonable defense talent (Negrin and Pelech played two years ago) but I have lost track of some of those guys and I think some were traded away to get the likes of Staois

But if I were looking to build my team for now I would trade at least one of Sarich or regehr and look at Bow and Giordano with Babchuk as a decent core . . . Pardy can probably be a number 5 guy( although injury is a concern) and use young guys or find a cheaper journeyman to backfill
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Latest updates:

Ryan Smyth is either going to Calgary or Edmonton sometime this week. Both are talking with LA, and LA's GM says two teams are in the race still and it's very close, but there is a front-runner.

Regehr is "sleeping on it" tonight, his trade to Buffalo.

Comment

Apparently, Philly has signed Bryzgalov for 9 years at $51 million.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Latest updates:

Ryan Smyth is either going to Calgary or Edmonton sometime this week. Both are talking with LA, and LA's GM says two teams are in the race still and it's very close, but there is a front-runner.

Regehr is "sleeping on it" tonight, his trade to Buffalo.
                Why would Calgary trade for Smyth if there going to trade Regehr away? Wouldn't they be more interested in someone younger if there going to rebuild? Are they just trying to troll Edmonton?
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I am hearing that Babchuk isn't in the mix for the Flames for the upcoming season so in the end, regardless of your views on Phaneuf, the return was pretty disastrous. Adding up the end tresult of what you got for him and then what you got for those elements you traded away . . . I think the flames have Kostopolous (useful utility player), Stajan ( a disasterr and buy out candidate-- worst Sutter signing ever??) and Hagman. Even forgetting the Flames gave Aulie in the deal, this comes close to being WORST DEAL EVER
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by mrboo123 View Post
                    Why would Calgary trade for Smyth if there going to trade Regehr away? Wouldn't they be more interested in someone younger if there going to rebuild? Are they just trying to troll Edmonton?
                    Apparently Smyth has expressed he wants to return to Alberta for family reasons. Edmonton has cap space and Calgary doesn't have much . The belief on Calgary sport radio is that LA is talking up the interest to try to get more from Edmonton. The belief though is that Edmonton is lukewarm on the idea too. In calgary, the belief is that if you add a Smyth you need to be dumping a LOT of cap hit somewhere (trading Regehr and packaging him with say a Kotalik OR doing something to mover say Kipper). But generally the feeling is that adding a Smyth would look like a " Darryl Sutter type move" and the feeling is that Feaster won't want his big move to be to again make the club older

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                      I am hearing that Babchuk isn't in the mix for the Flames for the upcoming season so in the end, regardless of your views on Phaneuf, the return was pretty disastrous. Adding up the end tresult of what you got for him and then what you got for those elements you traded away . . . I think the flames have Kostopolous (useful utility player), Stajan ( a disasterr and buy out candidate-- worst Sutter signing ever??) and Hagman. Even forgetting the Flames gave Aulie in the deal, this comes close to being WORST DEAL EVER
                      Yep.

Comment

So, is Lidstrom officially coming back?
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Probably for the last time, but who knows, the guy is still pretty awesome.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Apparently six teams now, including the Sabres, are kicking Regehr's tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X