No announcement yet.

NHL Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSN is reporting Winnipeg will, indeed, be the Jets once again.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tampa Bay re-signs Brewer for 4 years at $16 million. Seems pretty steep...
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Reports are that Calgary is closing in on the Smyth deal. Smyth waived his NTC, and the Flames are giving up a late round pick.

His ~6mil cap hit is absurd, though.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

6 million? That's a bit much.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Reports are that Calgary is closing in on the Smyth deal. Smyth waived his NTC, and the Flames are giving up a late round pick.

His ~6mil cap hit is absurd, though.
            The price is right in the trade sense but I doubt it in the salary/cap sense. Does this mean they are giving up on Tanguay? Also wouldn't there be some free agent they could acquire for less than 6 that might fit better? I have always liked Smyth but this doesn't look like a rebuild if they acquire him-- It looks like more of "add a pice and hope NOW we make the playoffs"
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

KINGS' SMYTH HEADING TO FLAMES, PENDING OWNERSHIP APPROVAL

Los Angeles Kings forward Ryan Smyth could be returning to Alberta, but not with the Edmonton Oilers.

According to TSN's Gord Miller, details have been worked out on a trade that will send Ryan Smyth from Los Angeles to the Calgary Flames, with the Kings receiving a late round pick.

There is no confirmation or guarantee on the deal, as Calgary ownership has delayed the transaction as they mull over the decision.

Smyth is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $4.5 million this season, although the cap hit is $6.25 million.

Earlier in the week, Smyth asked the Kings to be dealt back to the Oilers, where he spent most of his career.

Both the Flames and Kings have been busy leading up to the NHL Entry Draft with the Kings landing former Philadelphia Flyers captain Mike Richards in a trade, and the Flames asking defenceman Robyn Regehr to waive his no-movement clause to go to Buffalo.

Comment

TSN is reporting Winnipeg will, indeed, be the Jets once again.
                **** YEAH! (If this actually happens)
                Last edited by mrboo123; June 24, 2011, 15:29.
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Winnipeg Falcons would be fine, too. I'd almost prefer that, being a history nerd.

Comment

That was my 2nd favourite name, but honestly it does have the same attachment to me as the Jets name.

Also, I will be disappointed if they don't change the logo/colours very much.
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

If they do or don't?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

JM Liles from Col to Tor for a 2nd round pick in 2012 (the pick Toronto got from Boston).

Comment

If they do or don't?
                            Don't. I could easily see a dark blue/silver colour scheme

Comment

Sources say Regehr won't waive no-movement clause for Buffalo. May go elsewhere, though.

Comment

Smyth (LA) to Edmonton for Brule and a 4th rounder.
                                Setoguchi (SJ) and 1st rounder to Minnie for Burns
                                Brouwer (CHI) to Washington for a 1st rounder (26th overall)

Comment

Working...
                                X