No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why go to the trouble of inventing a beard, only to kill her off?

Makes no sense.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Whatevs. I've got no skin in this game.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Mauia is claiming he met the fictional woman:

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

A tweet posted Wednesday night by @LennayKay, Kekua's assumed Twitter account, read: "It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

Apparently others went down this rabbit hole
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 17, 2013, 00:43.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Not at all. People get duped over the internet all the time.
          But he actually met her. Supposedly multiple times.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Te'o is either a liar or an idiot. Neither is flattering.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• That's all I was really getting at.

Incredibly naive is another possibility.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's also possible that he only saw what he expected to see. That wouldn't make him an idiot.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  What if the chick was Manti's beard?
                  This is the most reasonable explanation for all of this that I've been able to come up with. As for why kill her...who knows? Could be lots of reasons.

But if that's what it is why did ND, who apparently hired an investigator to track this down a month ago, come out with a statement saying he was duped? I can see them agreeing not to out him but I have to think they'd do it with a "no comment" instead of a lie.

In any case, I can only assume that this means he's now the Jets first round pick. If he really was duped then he may be the first player to get a negative score when he takes the Wonderlic.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• This was all perpetrated by Lance Armstrong to deflect attention from his confession.

Or love is blind and Te'o hadn't yet learned that people on the internet are incredible douchebags.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• "Now, we're both pronouncing the name differently but there's no real way to check the pronunciation, because she doesn't exist." NPR is the best.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• What if I told you, the Hawaiian was lyin'? ESPN 30 for 30. No Dame: the Manti Te'o Story

Also, a new web craze has replaced Tebowing:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                          So sorry for Boris... Oregon goes back to obscurity.
                          I'd make a substantial wager that Oregon goes to a BCS bowl next season. Meanwhile, Wisconsin will be Ohio State's *****.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I just don't see a clear motive for him to do this, Jr.
                            Publicity stunt. Read the Deadspin article.

Having a sob story in the media is a good way to garner attention in sports. And that attention might lead to sympathy votes in a certain award race...
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Certainly Joe THEESman could shed some light on Notre Dame's willingness to do whatever it takes to snag some individual post-season awards.

Comment

• Te'o mentioned his dead girlfriend at least twice after the point when he allegedly knew it was a hoax:

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X