College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Soooo.... no one cares that JoPa was likely the person who held up Sandusky getting jailed in 2001? I realize the guy is dead, but his statute is still in State College, PA.
    Great idea from a friend of mine re the Joe Pa statue:

Take down everything but his statue and put a new plaque on it:

"This is a monument to those who could act, but do not.

Let this statue remain as a reminder that reputation is built by deeds
    and actions done on behalf of the least among us. The man originally
    depicted is dead and gone, and whatever good deeds he was thought to
    have accomplished have been wiped away by the misdeeds and harm he did
    not prevent when he had the power to do so.

As the victims suffered in silence when they needed his voice, let him
    now repose in eternal, nameless silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      If Michigan went in the toilet for 15 years, you still don't think it would be held up as a storied program which gets a lot of attention? Hell, look at the Chicago Cubs!
      I'm not talking about attention, which you don't seem to understand. I'm talking about one team being more equal than all the rest. Michigan operates within the framework of a conference, and so do the Chicago Cubs. I'm not talking about taking away NotreDame's sweet TV deal, their fans can still enjoy watching the team. I'm simply saying that the University of Notre Dame has representation in the talks to setup a playoff system that is greater than anyone else has.

Comment

• It's because they decided to stay independant. Why blame them for being smarter than Penn State (though nowadays they are quite glad they are in a conference I'm sure) or Florida State?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Btw... HOLY CRAP the Freeh report on Penn State is bad! People are openly speculating on whether Penn State should shut its football program down for a few years to clean the rot out (not going to happen willingly FWIW).

From the report:

Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State. The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley never demonstrated, through actions or words, any concern for the safety and well-being of Sandusky's victims until after Sandusky's arrest.

In critical written correspondence that we uncovered on March 20th of this year, we see evidence of their proposed plan of action in February 2001 that included reporting allegations about Sandusky to the authorities. After Mr. Curley consulted with Mr. Paterno, however, they changed the plan and decided not to make a report to the authorities. Their failure to protect the February 9, 2001 child victim, or make attempts to identify him, created a dangerous situation for other unknown, unsuspecting young boys who were lured to the Penn State campus and football games by Sandusky andvictimized repeatedly by him.
          Oh, and the NCAA is doing an investigation on Penn State over this as well.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They gave SMU the death penalty over acts a lot less disgusting.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hoping the NCAA has the stones to follow through.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The NCAA isn't a moral authority.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm not surprised that the same people who **** all over Mike McQueary are the same people who now want to punish coaches and players who had nothing to do with Sandusky or his crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    The NCAA isn't a moral authority.
                    Yes, it really is. We're still talking about minors.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      I'm not surprised that the same people who **** all over Mike McQueary are the same people who now want to punish coaches and players who had nothing to do with Sandusky or his crimes.
                      Drake, is it your position that PSU football should not be punished?
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This guy went to school with my youngest bother. I don't really care for either one of them, but this makes sense to me. From Facebook:

I think instead of removing Joe Paterno's statue at Penn State, it would be appropriate instead to simply have him look the other way...
                        Looking at the sky or whatever.

Comment

• What I don't want to see in the upcoming season:
                          1. Denard Robinson getting mountains of praise for throwing jump balls that his huge wide receivers go up to get. ( I watched UM vs ND from last year yesterday)
                          2. The talking heads explaining how Boise State going to the BigEast makes sense
                          3. A repeat of two conference opponents in the title game, or any bowl game really.
                          4. More off field issues that rock the sport. We had enough of PSU last year and that still hasn't fallen off the radar.
                          5. multiple bowl games filled with 6-6 teams vs other 6-6 teams.
                          6. A controversial national champ
                          7. The National Championship again going to the SEC. 6 years in a row is enough.

Comment

• 7 is not a fault of the SEC. I don't want to see Wisconsin in it, just to keep the SEC out.

Comment

• Maybe if we just denote the SEC final as the national championship game, everyone can just relax and have fun in their various meaningless bowl games.

Comment

• That wouldn't have worked last year.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X