No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't matter. This is at least trying. You want to talk abysmal? BCS was abysmal. Last year was the absolute culmination of abysmal.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Last year was the absolute culmination of abysmal.
      Who would have you picked instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Why? Who cares if it's not going to matter?

I just don't get why anyone would care that we can see "prejudices" and not be able to do anything about them.
        How many times do I have type "I just want to know" before you realize that's all I'm trying to say?

The fact that you and Drake seems to do half your posting in this thread suggests you are passionate about NCAA football. It seems totally bizarre to me that you're now taking the position of not wanting transparency in whatever process is used to determine the champion.

Either that, or you''re just being reflexively combative for no particular reason.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Drake (I believe) and I have totally been on board (for time immemorial) that we should have a mythical national championship decided by the polls and keeping the old traditional bowl tie ins.

& how was the BCS not transparent - it was analyzed 5 million different ways from Sunday.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• hi,.....SlowwHand, I am agreed with you.

thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
              Who would have you picked instead?
              I wouldn't have had a rematch between a conference winner and the 2nd place team. After that, what does it matter? I'll say Oregon, just to say someone off the top of my head.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

& how was the BCS not transparent
                & where did I say it wasn't? Jeez.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Holy ****! It appears from emails that Penn State administration was prepared to go to child welfare services on the Sandusky issue in 2001, but then one of the admin folks has a discussion with Joe Paterno and the next day it becomes a we need to handle this in house:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by arinmahal View Post
                    hi,.....SlowwHand, I am agreed with you.

thanks.
                    Hello arinmahal, I completely think you are a DL. (not sloww's)

Comment

• Obviously it's not mine. I wouldn't agree with myself.

Comment

Drake (I believe) and I have totally been on board (for time immemorial) that we should have a mythical national championship decided by the polls and keeping the old traditional bowl tie ins.

& how was the BCS not transparent - it was analyzed 5 million different ways from Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          I wouldn't have had a rematch between a conference winner and the 2nd place team. After that, what does it matter? I'll say Oregon, just to say someone off the top of my head.
                          So you've already put LSU in a playoff against two teams that it beat in the regular season. Problem solved?

Comment

• Soooo.... no one cares that JoPa was likely the person who held up Sandusky getting jailed in 2001? I realize the guy is dead, but his statute is still in State College, PA.

Comment

• If he was still alive, this would be a bigger deal. There are even some that think the stress from all of this helped quicken his demise. Let the dead lie.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Soooo.... no one cares that JoPa was likely the person who held up Sandusky getting jailed in 2001? I realize the guy is dead, but his statute is still in State College, PA.
                                I don't want to talk about that story any more. Too depressing.

Comment

Working...
                                X