Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Originally posted by Tupac Shakur
    I expect Ming and Rah to act butthurt when confronted with reason, but you're usually more level-headed.
    And you are expected to be a complete ******* with nothing worth saying...
    Great example!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      Great example!
      Yep... you keep proving my point over and over again.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
        I propose my "+1 +1 playoffs". Team voted #1 is in the championship game. #2-5 are in the elimination bracket with the winner playing #1 for the national championship.

Keeps the "sanctity" of the regular season by give the #1 team auto qualification, but gives several other teams a chance to get there.
        This would fail in a season with two or more undefeated major conference teams.

College football is more complex structurally than the NFL and needs a flexible system that can adapt to varying championship scenarios from year to year. The BCS has rigid rules and simply couldn't cope with many of the scenarios that have cropped up since it began, no matter how much the rules were tweaked. A playoff would be just as rigid and would similarly fail to produce satisfying results in many seasons.

Comment

• Who cares if there are 2 more undefeated teams? Work to get voted #1. I also think not having any polls until, say, the first Monday in November would helps some too.

If there was a perfect way to find the national champion, college football would lose a lot of it's appeal, namely, *****ing about rankings.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
            Who cares if there are 2 more undefeated teams?
            You really don't think people will pitch a fit if undefeated BCS #1 USC gets a bye while undefeated #2 Oklahoma and undefeated #3 Auburn both have to play their way into the national title?

If there was a perfect way to find the national champion, college football would lose a lot of it's appeal, namely, *****ing about rankings.
            I agree. This is one reason college football doesn't need a playoff.

Comment

• LOS ANGELES -- Jim L. Mora was named football coach at UCLA Saturday, the team announced.

Mora, the former coach of the Seattle Seahawks and the Atlanta Falcons, is currently an analyst for the NFL network. He replaces Rick Neuheisel, who was fired after going 21-29 during his four years with the Bruins.
              I didn't see this posted, so...
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Of course they'd *****, Drake. But then their only real argument about they should have been #1 would be if they got to the NCG and then won that too. The other team wouldn't have a complaint because if they truely felt they should have been playing for the NC, then they should have won.

Good suggestion Tuber!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• It's unreal how little thought most playoff proponents devote to the logical consequences of their plans. Thank goodness for people like Guy.

Comment

• Too bad for people like you who want to stick with something that doesn't work and is unwilling to consider something better.
                    But then again, no surprise from somebody who thinks a logical argument is calling somebody a ****.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Now you're whining about ad hominem attacks? Your hypocrisy level is off the charts...

Comment

You really don't think people will pitch a fit if undefeated BCS #1 USC gets a bye while undefeated #2 Oklahoma and undefeated #3 Auburn both have to play their way into the national title?
                        Yes, but it will give the playoff people something, while allowing the people that like to *****, to *****.

Mine would work better if there were no polls until the same week as the Heisman presentation.

ACK!

Comment

Now you're whining about ad hominem attacks? Your hypocrisy level is off the charts...
                          Gee... you are the one that makes attacks on people that you aren't even responding to.... just proving once again your version of logic is simply to insult somebody... not really much of an argument. But we are used to that from you, since that's all you do. Keep it up and keep proving my point.

Talk about hypocrisy....
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Too bad for people like you who want to stick with something that doesn't work and is unwilling to consider something better.
                            He's perfectly willing to try my plan.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Your plan sucks.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                He's perfectly willing to try my plan.
                                Unfortunately, the powers that be aren't as willing.

Comment

Working...
                                X