No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Duke, UNC, UVA, and Maryland would certainly shore up the academics, as well as the basketball side of things.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't really think the ACC is vulnerable, however, especially core schools like UNC, Duke, and UVA. The Big 12, on the other hand, is still unstable and ready to be picked apart by the three power conferences.

Comment

Especially with Texas and their TV network bull****.

Other than Mizzou and maybe Kansas, I just don't see how other Big 12 schools would fit in the Big 10 culture.

Comment

If you're going to limit yourself to schools that match the Big Ten's culture, then the SEC has already won.

Comment

?

**** man, as far as football goes, they already won almost a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              ?

**** man, as far as football goes, they already won almost a decade ago.
              No need to accept defeat indefinitely. Getting Oklahoma and Nebraska might turn the tide.

And, as far as money goes, the Big Ten is currently the king. Letting the SEC into Texas might change that.

Comment

SEC + TX = The One Conference.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If A&M does announce it's going to the SEC in the next few weeks, how does the Big Ten respond?

My 16-team dream scenario in the spoiler box...

Spoiler:
                  Big Ten West
                  Oklahoma
                  Kansas
                  Missouri
                  Nebraska
                  Iowa
                  Minnesota
                  Wisconsin
                  Northwestern

Big Ten East
                  Penn State
                  Ohio State
                  Michigan
                  Michigan State
                  Purdue
                  Indiana
                  Illinois
                  Notre Dame (I really think they might see the writing on the wall and join a conference if we finally go to 16-team superconferences)
                  Rutgers or whatever other East Coast school makes the most money (assuming ND won't join)

Comment

I'm not holding my breath re: A&M. And if **** does go down, I think Okie will likely go to SEC with them.

Comment

Knowing that any expansion would likely spark a chain reaction, I don't see Slive upsetting the cart just for aTm.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Texas and ND will try their best to scuttle those scenarios, Tupac.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Take this with a big grain of salt, but Rivals is reporting A&M to SEC is a done deal, with Florida State, Clemson, or Oklahoma (or all three) rumored to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                            Texas and ND will try their best to scuttle those scenarios, Tupac.
                            Notre Dame doesn't have the power to scuttle anything. Texas does, but throwing their weight around is what drove A&M to this point in the first place.

Take this with a big grain of salt, but Rivals is reporting A&M to SEC is a done deal, with Florida State, Clemson, or Oklahoma (or all three) rumored to follow...
                            Please be Florida State or Clemson. I really want Oklahoma in the Big Ten.

Comment

Florida State brings nothing to the table. Don't think they've been a serious consideration since 1991 or so. Clemson may bring even less than FSU. Locking down South Carolina wouldn't count for much when the TV contract is being renegotiated. If aTm is a done deal, and Guy's right on the size of that grain of salt, my biggest concern will be four SECW teams wearing basically the same damn colors. We're at a breaking point for "some form of dark red and white." OU would just compound that problem.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                                OU would just compound that problem.
                                True. Just let them go to the Big Ten.

Comment

Working...
                                X