No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP is reporting that Paterno this afternoon will announce his retirement at season's end.

Comment

• That may be Paterno's intention, but we'll see if that lasts once more information comes out. Most of the people close to the investigation think it's going to get worse for everyone involved. Local media have said they've been investigating allegations about Sandusky for years and were consistently stonewalled by PSU on it.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Paterno is getting punished by what he was probably gonna do anyway.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          That may be Paterno's intention, but we'll see if that lasts once more information comes out. Most of the people close to the investigation think it's going to get worse for everyone involved. Local media have said they've been investigating allegations about Sandusky for years and were consistently stonewalled by PSU on it.
          I think he'll coach this weekend, but I'd be very surprised if he coached in the bowl and somewhat surprised if he finishes out the regular season. The feeding frenzy on this story is only going to get worse and won't stop until he's out.

Comment

• "Reports" on Twitter are saying that JoePa won't be allowed to coach this Saturday.

Comment

• Yeah, ESPN is saying Paterno is reportedly out immediately as coach and Asst. Coach Bradley is now interim head coach.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Wow. You certainly called that.

Comment

• Well, I did think they'd let him resign rather than fire him outright, but he kinda forestalled that with his "I'll retire when I goddamn want" statement earlier today.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I just figured that the fact he's JoePa would've earn him a couple weeks. Bad assumption.

Comment

• Not surprised they let him go. Some students obviously don't like it but he had to go and they had to cover their ###es.

Comment

• Damn.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• For the record: **** the idiot student rioters, every one of them. Get back to your dorms and ****ty apartments and ****ing study, you *****.

I can't imagine what the Nebraska-PSU game will be like on Saturday.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I can't imagine what the Nebraska-PSU game will be like on Saturday.
                            It's going to be ****ing weird.

Comment

• A rumor has been circulating that the senior players are going to sit out the game Saturday in protest. I've no idea if that could happen, but I think I'm picking Nebraska in this one...
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• They could always just forfeit and give us an extra week to prepare for Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X