No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta say, all this conference-scrambling is really making the SEC and Big 10 look good -- just solid power conferences, not chasing, and no teams threatening to leave. It's kind of reassuring, especially with the new screw-geography mentality.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      AQ status is worth a lot and there aren't many schools left that are good/influential enough to help the Big East maintain it.
      They aren't going to be able to maintain it once the contract comes up for renewal. They will have Boise State (assuming they agree) and... who else? Houston is unlikely to be good once Keenum graduates; Cincy is Cincy; everyone else tops out at mediocre in their best-case scenarios.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        They aren't going to be able to maintain it once the contract comes up for renewal. They will have Boise State (assuming they agree) and... who else? Houston is unlikely to be good once Keenum graduates; Cincy is Cincy; everyone else tops out at mediocre in their best-case scenarios.
        Please let this be the case. The BigEast has been a joke in football since the first ACC raid for Va Tech, Miami and BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Gotta say, all this conference-scrambling is really making the SEC and Big 10 look good -- just solid power conferences, not chasing, and no teams threatening to leave. It's kind of reassuring, especially with the new screw-geography mentality.
          What I love about the Big10 is that they seem to be the one conference that isn't heading towards either the absurd Mega Conference or towards non existance.

SEC will soon be 14 teams
          PAC12 flirted with being the PAC16 for Texas
          The ACC looks like it is trying to swallow the entire BigEast
          The Big12has so many moving parts I don't even know who is in the conference anymore.
          The Big East is taking over Conference USA with the promise of a few additional years of AQ status.
          I don't care what the SunBelt, Mountain West and Conference USA are doing to stay alive.

Comment

IIRC, all AQ status really requires is that the top ranked team in conference is consistently (over any 5 year span) in the Top 12 of BCS rankings. Boise allows the Big East to continue with that.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Big 12 is going to look similar to the old Southwest Conference.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

They aren't going to be able to maintain it once the contract comes up for renewal. They will have Boise State (assuming they agree) and... who else?
                The service academies. You think the other BCS conferences are going to screw over the troops? That's practically begging for Congress to go after you on anti-trust charges...

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Big 12 is going to look similar to the old Southwest Conference.
                We saw how well that ended. #rememberthefive

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    The service academies. You think the other BCS conferences are going to screw over the troops? That's practically begging for Congress to go after you on anti-trust charges...
                    Oh please, none of the service academies are in a BCS conference now. Nor have the service academies ever contended for a shot at the BCS Championship. (I did say BCS championship, not the NT.)

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                      Oh please, none of the service academies are in a BCS conference now.
                      Two of the three will soon be in the Big East.

Nor have the service academies ever contended for a shot at the BCS Championship. (I did say BCS championship, not the NT.)
                      Lots of BCS conference schools benefit from their AQ status despite the fact that they'll never play for a BCS championship. The monetary difference between AQ and non-AQ status is huge.

Comment

Comment

• Check out the SEC Speed!
                          /
                          Last edited by H Tower; November 4, 2011, 19:35.

Comment

• I guarantee that Illinois will not lose this weekend. Finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                              Check out the SEC Speed!
                              /
                              I saw that live. It was ****ing jaw-dropping.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• West Virginia being sued. Boo hoo hoo.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X