Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

If Bama or Auburn or Mizzou or Michigan State or whomthe****ever want to be #1 or #2, they shouldn't have lost a game.
    QFT

Savor this last gasp of real college football; Auburn's win most likely would've been meaningless if it had happened under the new playoff system.
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Such a drama queen. But yes, I did truly enjoy it, and on multiple levels.

Loving the Fresno loss too. Keeps the NIU dream alive.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Drake is the only one I know that is sorry the BCS rankings are going by the wayside.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Still think it should be NIU vs FSU. That would be fun. Hopefully Sparty can save football as we know it.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
            QFT

Savor this last gasp of real college football; Auburn's win most likely would've been meaningless if it had happened under the new playoff system.
            Yeah, that win would probably have given them a chance for a national title, unlike what will probably happen this year if OSU and Florida win. Totally meaningless...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Yeah, that win would probably have given them a chance for a national title, unlike what will probably happen this year if OSU and Florida win. Totally meaningless...
              I think he is referring to Bama's loss being meaningless to them, since they would likely be in the playoff.

Which would be rectified by making the playoff conference champs only.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                Assuming Stanford keeps trouncing Notre Dame and UCLA keeps stomping the Trojans, overall I'd have to call this a delightful weekend of CFB. I would have liked to have seen Ohio State lose, but you can't have everything.
                No. Ohio State had to win so that we can have a shot of keeping the ****ing SEC out of the title game. I'd rather Ohio State win than see Auburn or Mizzou or Alabama facing Florida State in January. So, its worth it.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
                  QFT

In light of the shooting between Alabama fans where the cause was "not taking the loss seriously enough", i think anything that defrays that kind of meaning is good.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Which would be rectified by making the playoff conference champs only.
                    100% agree. I've never seen how you could be considered national champion if you didn't even win your own conference. I don't care if all of the country thinks your team is better,
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wasn't Alabama's Nat Championship a couple of years ago done as SEC #2 or even #3?
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I think he is referring to Bama's loss being meaningless to them, since they would likely be in the playoff.

Which would be rectified by making the playoff conference champs only.
                        First, I agree with conference champs only...

Second, I really don't care if he was trying to only refer to the Bama side of the equation. The game still would have been VERY meaningful, and he is wrong in trying to paint the picture that a play off system this year would have made the game "meaningless"
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          In light of the shooting between Alabama fans where the cause was "not taking the loss seriously enough", i think anything that defrays that kind of meaning is good.

Let me present a counterargument: not only is there now one less Alabama fan in the world, there is also one more in prison, where they all belong.

Comment

Let me present a counterargument: not only is there now one less Alabama fan in the world, there is also one more in prison, where they all belong.
                            Thats terrible but goddamn do I respect your commitment to morbid humor.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                Thats terrible but goddamn do I respect your commitment to morbid humor.
                                I'm a Michigan Man. It's all we have left.

Comment

Working...
                                X