No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I'm certainly not sad to see a d-bag like Kiffin get what's coming to him, I kind of wonder what USC is thinking by canning him so soon. He actually had a winning record thus far on the season and you can't reasonably be expecting to field a team capable of competing for the Pac-12 title given the scholarship losses USC is suffering. Why not let Kiffin ride out the rest of the sanctions and then fire him if need be?
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Could be reasons of which we're so far unaware.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
        While I'm certainly not sad to see a d-bag like Kiffin get what's coming to him, I kind of wonder what USC is thinking by canning him so soon. He actually had a winning record thus far on the season and you can't reasonably be expecting to field a team capable of competing for the Pac-12 title given the scholarship losses USC is suffering. Why not let Kiffin ride out the rest of the sanctions and then fire him if need be?
        Perhaps they have a coach in mind and don't want to risk losing him to the soon-to-be-vacant Texas or Nebraska jobs?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Perhaps they have a coach in mind and don't want to risk losing him to the soon-to-be-vacant Texas or Nebraska jobs?
          Texas is a legitimate competitor to USC for coaches, but Nebraska and USC are going after different talent pools.

Anyway, I can see this as an argument in favor, but I can also see the counter that top coaches might be deterred by the remaining years of sanctions-induced depth concerns and that USC might be better off waiting a couple more years before going after their long-term future coach. Maybe Orgeron can fill the interim slot for that length of time, stocking up the best 15 recruits a year that shady SEC tactics can deliver?
          I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• R.I.P.

AUSTIN -- Legendary University of Texas Longhorns quarterback James Street has died.
            Coach Mack Brown confirmed the news on his Twitter account Monday morning by writing, "Very sad day as we lost college FB great, good friend & wonderful man w/passing of James Street. Our thoughts & prayers are w/Janie & family."
            A spokesperson for The James Street Group told KVUE News he died of a heart attack.
            Street is best known for leading the Longhorns to the Football National Championship in 1969.
            He was a two-sport star at UT from 1966 to 1969. In addition to his achievements as a quarterback, he was also an all-conference pitcher for the Longhorns.
            Street is survived by his wife and five sons. He was 65 years old.
            The 1969 Texas-Arkansas games ranks among the greatest ever played.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

While I'm certainly not sad to see a d-bag like Kiffin get what's coming to him, I kind of wonder what USC is thinking by canning him so soon. He actually had a winning record thus far on the season and you can't reasonably be expecting to field a team capable of competing for the Pac-12 title given the scholarship losses USC is suffering. Why not let Kiffin ride out the rest of the sanctions and then fire him if need be?
              I think this has a good deal to do with it

class of 2014 rankings
              #15 Arizona
              #22 Stanford
              #35 Arizona State
              #49 Oregon
              #50 Washington State
              #55 Oregon State
              #58 UCLA
              #60 Illinois
              #62 Washington
              #63 USC

It's early still, but the top 10 have commits from between 18 and 24 players, USC has commits from only seven players. No 5 star players, and only 4 four star players.

Add the poor recruiting to a downward trend in wins, and you turn out to have one unhappy alumni base calling the AD.

Comment

Dancing in the streets in Knoxville.

BTW, would SOMEBODY please send a quarterback to TENNESSEE
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Texas is a legitimate competitor to USC for coaches, but Nebraska and USC are going after different talent pools.

Anyway, I can see this as an argument in favor, but I can also see the counter that top coaches might be deterred by the remaining years of sanctions-induced depth concerns and that USC might be better off waiting a couple more years before going after their long-term future coach. Maybe Orgeron can fill the interim slot for that length of time, stocking up the best 15 recruits a year that shady SEC tactics can deliver?
                  This is the internet age, man. If things aren't done ten minutes ago, they were done too late. I'm sure the boosters made their position extremely clear at USC.

Comment

• A couple of my favorite quotes from the USC message board meltdown during the game on Saturday:

"Lane Kiffin is the Lane Kiffin of college football."

"Do we have a play drawn up where the whole team runs to the buses?"

"Bring back Monty Kiffin!"
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I forget, is 124 yards of offense better than expected or worse for a half?
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• When both teams seem determined to keep the ball on the ground all game? Suboptimal, could be worse.

Comment

• I'm loving the SEC speed in the Froggies/Sooner game. TCU's got as close as 4th and 1 to a first down. Never less than 6 yards on 3rd down.

3-0 for the Sooners and they have to go for it on 4th down to finally break the TCU D.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 5, 2013, 20:10.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Dammit. Boykins fumbles on 3rd and one. Still no first down.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Sooo.... Florida State's offense is kinda scary this yeah, huh?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                                Dancing in the streets in Knoxville.

BTW, would SOMEBODY please send a quarterback to TENNESSEE
                                1 more foot...

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X