No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Fiesta Bowl, looks like that will be Oregon v. K-State. In other words, "The Title Game That Should Have Been..."
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• They should rename it the Self-Inflicted Depression Bowl.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        They should rename it the Self-Inflicted Depression Bowl.
        Already applied to the Las Vegas bowl.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          It's not going to hurt a little even a little to see a team you beat win the Big Ten championship and go to the Rose Bowl?

Karmic for what?

Maurice Clarett, that bull**** pass interference penalty on Miami in the 1st OT of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, basically everything about that lucky-ass 2002 title run. Karma plays the long game, *****, and it's fitting that Sweater Vest got a rousing tribute for his one tainted title on the same day his chickens came home to roost.
          One of the greatest calls in history by the trade publication of college football refs. If it was PI, it was definitely defensive holding. Not only that but what is Nebraska paying for given their lengthy mediocrity.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            One of the greatest calls in history by the trade publication of college football refs. If it was PI, it was definitely defensive holding. Not only that but what is Nebraska paying for given their lengthy mediocrity.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Utah State, Tulsa and Middle Tennessee have fewer losses than TCU. Of course, you only count the BCS teams, which a year ago, would have pissed you off if someone else had done that.
              Run the table vs their conference, like Boise and TCU in years past, then we talk.

Utah's last bowl appearance in 2011 was with 6 losses. Awbrun, BYU, Fresno, Louisiana Tech, Colorado State, and Ohio.

This is the first time they've been good - with losses to BYU and Wisky. Zero ranked teams. TCU's beaten three ranked teams, West Virginia, Texas and Baylor. They've not lost this season to an unranked opponent. Iowa State was ranked 25 after beating TCU.

37 teams have fewer loses than TCU, so, by your logic, TCU should be, at best, 38th.
              I'll have to see what the computer polls have to say.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• 24 TCU A = 81.11 7 4 76.23( 19) 0 1 | 2 3 | 80.60 27 | 81.28 26
                25 Utah State A = 80.81 10 2 64.01( 97) 0 0 | 1 0 | 79.67 29 | 81.67 25
                Sagarin polls say that TCU should be ranked.

ELO has them behind Vandy, Northwestern, Washington, and San Jose State. So they are all right in the muddle of the end of the rankings, along with Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Clemson and West Virginia.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Run the table vs their conference, like Boise and TCU in years past, then we talk.

Utah's last bowl appearance in 2011 was with 6 losses. Awbrun, BYU, Fresno, Louisiana Tech, Colorado State, and Ohio.

This is the first time they've been good - with losses to BYU and Wisky. Zero ranked teams. TCU's beaten three ranked teams, West Virginia, Texas and Baylor. They've not lost this season to an unranked opponent. Iowa State was ranked 25 after beating TCU.

I'll have to see what the computer polls have to say.
                  Utah State beat #20 Louisiana Tech, so you are wrong again.

Utah and Utah State aren't the same team.

I'm going by your total loss record for ranking teams, nothing else.

The AP ans USA today polls agree with me, USU is #20 in the AP and #22 in the USA Today. Guess where TCU is?

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• with losses to BYU and Wisky
                    That would be Utah State. Do you not know your own team?

Utah State beat #20 Louisiana Tech, so you are wrong again.
                    So, what. One ranked team? TCU's beaten 3 now. And where is LA Tech now? Bueller, Bueller? Baylor just took down the number one team in the nation.

The AP ans USA today polls agree with me, USU is #20 in the AP and #22 in the USA Today. Guess where TCU is?
                    And the computer polls agree with me, with TCU at 24. As they should be. Even AP has TCU at 28.

Anyways, TCU has Oklahoma at home. If they can polish off Oklahoma, they'll be ranked again.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 25, 2012, 21:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      Exactly; a play as lucky as the Flea Kicker racks up a pretty big cosmic debt. Probably still worth it in retrospect, however, given that lucky-ass play allowed us to ruin both Peyton Manning's final season and Michigan's one national title since our grandparent's era.

Comment

That would be Utah State. Do you not know your own team?

So, what. One ranked team? TCU's beaten 3 now. And where is LA Tech now? Bueller, Bueller? Baylor just took down the number one team in the nation.

And the computer polls agree with me, with TCU at 24. As they should be. Even AP has TCU at 28.

Anyways, TCU has Oklahoma at home. If they can polish off Oklahoma, they'll be ranked again.
                        And the BCS agrees with me. USU is #24, where is TCU?

You brought up Utah's last bowl appearance, not me.

ACK!

Comment

• Son of a *****!

I thought that THIS would be the year Rutgers would not lay an out of nowhere turd against a conference opponent in the last month. Grumble, I guess Kyle Flood is subject to the same looking too far forward that Greg Schiano was.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And the BCS agrees with me. USU is #24, where is TCU?

You brought up Utah's last bowl appearance, not me.
                            Seriously, you don't know your own team. This is right off the Aggie's page. 1-6 in bowl games. Haven't won a bowl in 40+ some years, and only once made it to one in the last 20 years after going 6-6.

TCU was making bowls every year for about 5-6 years.

Comment

Seriously, you don't know your own team. This is right off the Aggie's page. 1-6 in bowl games. Haven't won a bowl in 40+ some years, and only once made it to one in the last 20 years after going 6-6.

TCU was making bowls every year for about 5-6 years.
                              Such a simple thing that you can't comprehend, it's amazing you're a teacher.

They, coincidentally, also ran the table vs. their conference.

ACK!

Comment

• Great news, everyone. Word has it Tulane will join the Big "East".
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X