Fantasy Baseball Sign Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Sign Ups

How many leagues will you play? Daily and/or weekly? And choose an option or post your own so we can peruse and vote

we have 4 options so far

# 1

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
    ERA, K, WHIP, SV, QS

# 2

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB (TB or SLG, please specify if you choose this option)
    QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA

# 3

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB (TB or SLG, please specify which)
    QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA (w/wo TB allowed, specify which if you choose this one)

# 4

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
    QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA (w/wo TB allowed if you choose this option)

The differences are small as you can see... I like AVG but options 1 & 2 lacks a stat for BBs and having both AVG and OBP is a bit redundant, OBP covers both AVG and BBs.

We can go with net stolen bases too instead of just stolen bases, dont matter to me - but NSB at least penalizes base stealers for getting caught. So state a preference for that too if you want NSB - no stated opinion will be taken as a vote for SB.

The difference between 3 & 4 is TB or SLG... TB favors quantity of production and SLG favors quality of production.

WRT pitching TBA (Total bases allowed), consider it a counter to the QS and Ks since rosters that throw more innings will tend to win QS and Ks while losing TBA. But it is a good over all stat nonetheless...

Of course we'll have the standard rosters from last year with 3 SP, 2 RP and 2 P slots. But I dont see why we just dont go with 7 P slots, dont matter to me. We'll probably go with ~20 IP as a minimum again... As long as we favor starting pitching we could do away with a minimum, but we might drop it down to 18 IP.

Dont leave us hanging, speak up and make your choices.

league info

ID 14593
    password poly

(the settings are an approximate until we vote on them)
    Last edited by Berzerker; February 25, 2011, 16:34.

I'm liking # 4 with NSB (net stolen bases)

and I can do both a weekly and daily league if we get enough interest in the latter

edit, removed TBA - still haven't decided on that one. If we include it that would give us 2 cats favoring SPs (QS & Ks) with 2 cats favoring RPs (Saves & TBA) and I'd like to favor SPs over RPs.

edit

or # 3
    Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2011, 22:49.

Comment

Geez, do we even have enough people for a league? So far we got maybe 5-6 people. Me, Guy, EPW, Sloww, Ozzy? C'mon folks, dont be shy... We need to start drafting in a couple weeks.

Comment

Weekly league only for me.

#1 gets my vote.

I don't have enough of a preference between options 2, 3 and 4 to pick a second choice. I'd honestly be fine with any of these four. They all seem to be simpler than any past season, so I'm happy. I'm still voting for the simplest of them all though.

You may need to PM some of the usual suspects.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

damn, I dont know how to email last year's managers at yahoo

Comment

# 3, TB weekly

Comment

ty, I assume thats TB for a hitting stat

and Tuber is around, I sent some pms out so we're up to 7 now

and if no one else wants to commish I'll do the deed
              Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2011, 22:48.

Comment

If you would be so kind, I have no problems at all with you doing it.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm in for a weekly league. I like #4 wo TB best.

Thanks for the PM Bertz

Comment

I vote for #1
                    "

Comment

thats 2 for #1
                      2 for #4 (wo TBA)
                      and 1 for #3 (w/TB)

looks like NSB (net stolen bases) is a non-starter

uh oh, Adam Wainwright's elbow is hurting - and he may not be around this season
                      Last edited by Berzerker; February 24, 2011, 05:34.

Comment

league info edited into the OP

Comment

c'mon people, we need some more votes

right now 3 & 4 are winning 3-2 over 1 which basically means OBP over AVG

and SLG is winning over TB 2-1

we need to get the draft started in early March, maybe ~10 days from now at the latest

we have 9 people so far, if we end up with an odd # that'll still work, we'd create a no manager team that would draft last and get bapays and the commish would keep it active with minimal effort.

Comment

I don't care. I'm ready to draft.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Daily and/or weekly.

I'd prefer #4 with TBA.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X