NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I saw demon's video, also read reports of traffic blocked by fans in the streets for several hours at some downtown Vancouver intersections after the game last night. Do fans all across Canada take to the streets like that after winning a first-round series?

Serious question.
    Yes.

In Calgary, 17th Ave became known as The Red Mile and shut down during playoff times. It was a sea of people in Flames jerseys celebrating (or crying after G7 of the SCF).

Calgary's was legendary. Girls started flashing people en masse, which started a photo blog (back in 2004!) showing tons of Flames fans showing bewwwwbs in Flames jerseys. I can't remember the URL.

Edmonton has Whyte Ave from their playoff run. It was notworthy for incidents of stabbings, rape, and arson. That's how Edmontonians roll.

I suspect if Vancouver progresses much farther, they're going to have spontaneous gaybashing (they are the gaybashing capital of Canada) and tons of gang shootings.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
      Just Vancouver and Montreal.

How many cars do you see here?

Man, the Red Mile was legendary. All true Canadian hockey fans know about it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• For the record, The Red Mile filled up after every playoff game. Not just series wins. And not just wins.

It was either a drunken orgy of celebration, of a drunken orgy of drowning of sorrows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          I don't know why Hawks fans can't just move on rather then criticizing Canucks fans.

I'm sorry your team lost, but they did.

Now you get to complain about Canucks fans for another series.
          Who is complaining?

And you are the biggest ****ing whiner after the Canucks lose, now you're telling other people to stop complaining (even when they are not?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            I don't know why Hawks fans can't just move on rather then criticizing Canucks fans.

I'm sorry your team lost, but they did.

Now you get to complain about Canucks fans for another series.
            Read my post again. There was no criticism.

I have no problem with the series outcome.
            I have no problem with Canucks fans.

I simply asked a question about Canadian fan behavior.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And I posted the video because I thought it was funny that the Hawks jersey wouldn't burn. I agree with JR about having no problem with game or outcome and Canuck fans seem to be like most fans anywhere. We have moved on - to next year.

Comment

• Thanks Asher, I now stand corrected. I had underestimated Calgary.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Thanks to Ben for posting the schedule.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• YVW Guy. Sorry bout the mixup. I forgot that the wings are a 3 seed.

I hope you destroy the Sharks so we can have a Wings/Canucks Conference final.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I think we both lose this round.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'll be cheering for the Wings.

No score after the first, shots 16-5 for Vancouver.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 1-0 Canucks!

Comment

• It would be a lot more than that, if not for Rinne. The rest of Nashville looks horrendous out there...

Comment

• I fear Chicago will be the biggest challenge til the cup final.

Comment

• Rinne is showing why he is a Vezina candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X