Asher
    Guynemer

Making it easier for people to vote.

1. In favour of adding skater stat: yes/no
    1b. Skater stat to add if we add one: state
    2. In favour of dropping SHO and adding GAA: yes/no
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

We have ten. There is certainly room for one or two more. If one then we can grab one of our alternates.

Managers for 2010-11:
      mrboo123
      Guynemer
      Asher
      Sparrowhawk
      notyoueither
      Flubber
      woollyleanne*
      joncha
      Kontiki
      Cavalcadeus*

* needs to join league

Interested as an alternate

snoopy369
      Imran
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
        We have ten. There is certainly room for one or two more. If one then we can grab one of our alternates.

Excellent-- I always saw a 12 team league as pretty ideal for this but even 10 is pretty decent.

If we end up with one more interested party could snoopy and Imran then co-manage???
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I don't feel strongly about any changes, but I suppose my nominal vote would be to leave things the way they are. Switching SHO with GAA is fine with me - it certainly puts the stat in play alot more.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
            I don't feel strongly about any changes, but I suppose my nominal vote would be to leave things the way they are. Switching SHO with GAA is fine with me - it certainly puts the stat in play alot more.
            Either through apathy or extreme contentment, it appears that the status quo will again carry the day with respect to skater stats (as I fully expected).

So my take unless there is some contrary opinion--

1. skaters stats left as is
            2. Switch shutouts for GAA

and voila
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

So when are we firing this ***** up?
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Do we want to start the draft on Monday?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

I have toted up opinion thus

Question 1.
                    Those in favour of an added skater stat:
                    Flubber

Opposed:
                    mrboo123
                    Kontiki

Undecided/Don't care:
                    notyoueither
                    Asher
                    Guynemer

1b
                    Skater stat to add if we add one:
                    Hits; Flubber

Question 2.
                    Those in favour of dropping SHO and adding GAA:
                    Flubber
                    mrboo123
                    Kontiki

Opposed:

Undecided/Don't care:
                    notyoueither
                    Asher
                    Guynemer

------------------------------------------

Unless people speak up against it in the next day or two, I will add GAA and drop SHO. Skater stats will be left alone.

I've sent a PM to Sparrowhawk asking about his availability for the draft. If anyone else has issues with when the draft starts, please let us know.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Monday sounds fine to me or even earlier as far as I know (Flubber fervently hopes to not draft last for two years in a row [ IDEA !!]

Err guys how about we just reverse the draft order from last year ???? No ????

and I think the one change to the goalie stats will be where we end up
                      Last edited by Flubber; September 10, 2010, 14:43.

Comment

Nice move on suggesting you go first.

Although, it is an interesting idea. Perhaps we do something like use this years draft order to seed the drafts for the following couple of years. Players in the middle switch up and down next year, and then rearrange again the following year. Something like from middle to top to bottom, bottom to middle to top, and top to middle to bottom.

Monday may be a bit too soon. I am waiting to hear back from Sparrowhawk about timing and how we might help him in the draft.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Nice move on suggesting you go first.

I don't recall picking in even the top 3 so I am due. But last year I found I did not like being at the end of the snake that much. It just seems harder to react to trends when there are So MANY picks between your turns. I don't know that I would like going first that much either

Although, it is an interesting idea. Perhaps we do something like use this years draft order to seed the drafts for the following couple of years. Players in the middle switch up and down next year, and then rearrange again the following year. Something like from middle to top to bottom, bottom to middle to top, and top to middle to bottom.

Interesting idea-- I wouldn't object but am actually happy enough randomizing them year after year. My suggestion earlier was completely joking.

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea. It discourages potential newbies.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

We could do what the NHL does. Newbs pick first (in expansion years) followed by a bottom to top order from the previous regular season standings (but keep the snake, the NHL does not do the snake).
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Any start time works for me. I just have limited internet accesss right now, and may end out being bapay'd or making use of an alternate to send my lists to (or depending on the pick order, someone who's pick won't be influenced by mine).

Either way, start whenever it's all good.

On the voting, I originally requested that we again revisit changing shutouts to GAA, so of course I am in favour of that.....any other change I am indifferent towards.

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X