No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chabal! Second good try I've seen from him in the last 3 weeks.
    Last edited by kittenOFchaos; April 20, 2011, 09:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
      And would like to know why Sale have now moved to Bolton? And who commisioned that strip Sale played in?
      Watching the Highlights I was supporting the wrong team for a while. Yup, I won't be buying that rugby top - or, more accurately, my mum, fiancee, or mum-in-law-to-be won't be buying it for me.

I think everyone should be surprised at how Wasps downed Leeds. Even more surprising was someone dissing Joe Simpson on the BBC webpage to Jeremy Guscott after the game - he appeared to be on fire that game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9460947.stm

Comment

• I've liked what I've seen of Joe Simpson in the past. Talented, but he seemed to get hassled easily and pushed off the ball a lot. Needed a bit more mongrel or muscle.

I note, too, that Leicester are cornering the market in promising young 9s. Bound to be the end of the averagely-talented Grindall, no doubt. As I noted a month or so ago, Leicester know how to plan for little things like key players missing on international duty by putting back-ups of some quality in place. It's what Saints haven't done.

As for Chabal - well, he's a strong club player these days. I'm actually not sure that he was ever anything more. One of the miracles of modern marketing is Sebastian.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Tigers learnt that the hard way - they have always had a large number of call ups through the pro era and initially it caused us the same issues that Saints are suffering. In time they will learn.

Simpson did have a great game against Leeds - but a lot of nines look good with ample time and space. He isn't consistent enough yet for the EPS. And Seabass may be a one trick pony but at his rampaging best he is very entertaining.

Falcons tonight where Young and Youngs should get a look at each other. It is a big game for both sides - an absolute must win for Falcons.

*edit* I was thinking in an idle moment how funny it would be if one of kOc's female associates did buy that change Sale top as an Easter gift. It really is quite horrendous.
          Last edited by Havak; April 22, 2011, 09:44.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• If they don't, we should chip in and get him one.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Although as Hodgsons last home game was a loss to Exeter maybe we should get him a Saracens top instead?
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The win at Falcons secures a home semi for Tigers. If we beat Irish with a bonus point we top the table. If we beat them without a bonus point then Sarries can overhaul us if they win their last two games with try bonus points each time. They would then be level on points with us in the table but despite our massively superior points difference Sarries would top the league because the first criteria used is games won - and that draw against Glaws will then prove costly indeed.

Comment

• don't they play football i heaven?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                      Sarries can overhaul us if they win their last two games with try bonus points each time.
                      Pigs might fly, too. Happen to see Irish -v- Saints yesterday? Delon Armitage's little piece of thuggery towards the end? Barrelled into touch short of the try line, he smashed Myler - on the ground, defenceless - in the eye with a roundhouse right. Could have blinded him. Armitage is proving to be a particularly unpleasant piece of work. A quick read of the transcript of the hearing over his abuse of the doping official only underlines it.

In other news, the Italian federation will not be renewing Nick Mallett's contract. He'll finish after the WC. Sadly, I suspect it was always a done deal. Perpignan's Jacques Brunel has been waiting in the wings since before the 6N. Interesting to speculate what would have had happened had Italy beaten Ireland and Wales as they could and should have. I'd've stuck with Mallett. He's worked wonders with limited talent available. He knows Italian rugby, he fully understands the difficulties. He drove the push into the Magners League, he put in place talent spotters and back-up support all over Italy, even in the south where rugby is unknown. If Brunel does finish up with the job, he's in for a culture shock - making do with what is available in the way of talent, knowing it's not always up to scratch. The lot of the Italian rugby coach.

Comment

• And the Scottish coach too? Seriously one does have to admire Mallet for what he has managed in post. One wishes him well - someone will want him.

I watched most of the Exiles game - but missed the last twenty and so missed the thuggery. Not surprised as I did catch him jawing to both Ashton and Foden earlier after barges on either man. He isn't in the England reckoning at the moment - perhaps the coaches have caught the unpleasant side of him?

And Mr Mallendar is due a rap on the knuckles. Foden has played beyond the allowed time for EPS members in the last week.

Comment

• Sarries got their first bonus point.

Comment

• The pig's still on the runway taxiing.

Comment

• Watched the Sarries highlights last night. Chalk up half their tries to typically dire Glos defence. They really don't have a clue in defence. You'd think Leicester might defend better. You'd think. 41-41. Mmmm.

Comment

• I love the playoffs and relegation in the Aviva Premiership - keeps things interesting for longer.

Couldn't be closer for 1st place, though I think Leicester will do the business. I think Bath will qualify for the playoffs as will Northampton with Gloucester falling out of the running. Leeds to be relegated.

Comment

Working...
                                X