No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting edit. Looks like a game Bath won easily doesn't it? And they failed to show when he ran back on the clock a player from behind. Perhaps the same editor could look at Ireland-England. It might turn out we won the grand slam after all.

Alesana, like his brother Freddie before him, has that nasty tendency not to raise the arms in the tackle.

Manu Tuilagi is in fact English in Rugby Union terms (he without doubt respects his heritage) - by his own choice.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• From previous postings it should be clear that I'm well aware that Manu can play for England.

The edit had a focus - Abendanon getting slammed repeatedly, yet getting on with it and doing some pretty decent things. He even had enough vim to come back onto the field and brawl...

Everyone knows that Bath got destroyed.

Comment

• The interesting thing out of yesterday -v- Quins was Youngs' poor effort. Shades of late 6N. His brain disengages when he's under pressure. If Leinster's pretty useful backrow fires, he - and Leicester - could be in for a long day. Quins played very well, to be fair, but Leinster are better.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Domingo got hurt this week-end. He'll likely not be available for the world cup, which means that, with Barcella already recovering from a wound, our best loosehead props are both unavailable. Considering the emphasis France put on the scrum this season, this doesn't bode well for the world cup. Not that my hopes were high, but still, it is bad news.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Dang. France are my equal second team! Apparently Gavin Henson scored a try for Toulon. Any idea how he played?
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Didn't see the match. They say he played well, with one great rrun leading to a try and one try by himself. St André seems to be satisfied with him.
              You can try to read it there : http://www.rugby365.fr/top-14/articl...e-en-vie.shtml
              Actually, I posted the link for the photo, which I'll let you enjoy...
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• My schoolboy French - actually, it's interesting how much French came back to me when I was learning Italian - and the dictionary tells me he played pretty well.

And poor old Bourgoin.

Comment

• I was challenging the epithet Islander kOc - I am well aware you knew he was English qualified.

It was still an interesting edit as they could have produced a similar reel for Anthony Allen from the game - though it probably doesn't have the same impact as using a player who later blindsided a fellow professional in the game?

Youngs variable performances were discussed by Dean Ryan and Martin Corry before the game Finbar. He had a very solid game against Bath followed again by this mare at the Stoop. Their verdict was that he has done enough not to be dropped as yet - but that his consistency does need to improve. The double red card was quite an interesting incident - you have to feel a bit for Marler (despite the rather stupid red mohawk and writing on his head!). never the less trailing ten nil at half time one has to be happy to have taken the points. After all if we hadn't done so the little loved Sarries would be top of the pile now.
                  It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• What probably cost Marler was the fact that he turned and looked straight at the ref after he was headbutted and then proceeded to land the punch. I felt for him regardless. And regardless of his hairstyle, he looks a handy player. Haven't seen him before. I didn't realise he was so young.

And speaking of Youngs, I forgot to mention his tackle on Evans without the ball short of the line. Certainly a yellow card, arguably a penalty try. It was quite deliberate. The Skinner yellow was dodgy, too. The ball was out before Crane - I think it was - hooked it back in again. I think Quins can feel hard done by.

Yes, coming back from 10-0 down (and it should have been more) was admirable. You'll have to hope they get their heads together prior to Leinster who are very much better than Quins.

Comment

• Even if Leinster were a poor side they would remain formidable in Dublin - they were hard to beat there even when they were dire on the road in the early part of the previous decade.

I first registered Marler in the shadow six nations back in February. Definitely promising.

I don't doubt Quins will feel hard done by. They must use it to learn how to close games out.

Comment

• No-one has mentioned the foot of the table.

Sale and Newcastle lost again this weekend and Leeds won. Uh-oh! Sale and Newcastle are most definitely not out of the woods yet.

Comment

• You need to change allegiances for your own good. Your club and national teams are both ulcer-inducing.

Comment

• It's tighter down at the foot than I thought. Sales are less vulnerable than Falcons perhaps.

Quins will be feeling even more aggrieved. Marler with the lower entry point for his offence got exactly the same ban as Ayerza because the young Quinsters previous discilpinary record is poorer.

Comment

• Only in keeping with the match overall, really.

I see Cato has gone from Sarries to Saints. Dodgy defence but pretty quick. Sarries' academy I think. Obviously got bored standing out there on the wing with nothing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                                What probably cost Marler was the fact that he turned and looked straight at the ref after he was headbutted and then proceeded to land the punch. I felt for him regardless. And regardless of his hairstyle, he looks a handy player. Haven't seen him before. I didn't realise he was so young.

Having seen the video, I feel Marler provoked the headbutt and then followed up with a few punches. He totally deserved to be sent off (perhaps more than the other prop) and two weeks was an appropriate punishment.

No nonsense from Wayne Barnes.

Comment

Working...
                                X