No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never seen much from David Strettle - so it was good to see this clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
      Having seen the video, I feel Marler provoked the headbutt and then followed up with a few punches. He totally deserved to be sent off (perhaps more than the other prop) and two weeks was an appropriate punishment.

No nonsense from Wayne Barnes.
      Marler provoked a head butt? I don't think so. It was typical props/handbags stuff till the head butt happened. How exactly do you provoke a head butt?

Strettle's a quality player, always has been. I've seen him do so some excellent things for Sarries this season. Injuries have cost him dearly over the years. I'd have him in front of Cueto. Cueto has been turned into a 13 for England to accommodate the black hole in the midfield. Strettle could play the same role and score tries into the bargain.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• But he isn't getting a look in, and I rather suspect the club he plays for is contributing to that fact. A move would work wonders for him.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• He's in the EPS and I think was on standby at some point during the 6N. He certainly has to go and get the ball for Sarries - something Cato doesn't/didn't - and does it well. I don't think it matters who he plays for, to be honest. His problem is that Ashton is nailed on - and fair enough, too - so Cueto's spot is his target and Cueto is part of J****'s master plan to bypass the black hole in the centres so he's nailed on, too. He's a bit stiff, really.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Mmm. Cueto could be out of action for a while anyway. This doesn't look good, even allowing for angles, long lenses and the like: http://yfrog.com/h05ln7j

Comment

• So essentially you have been sticking pins in the voodoo doll again then?

Nasty business eye gouging. And that photo does not look good at all.

So Strettle may get his chance.
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                Mmm. Cueto could be out of action for a while anyway. This doesn't look good, even allowing for angles, long lenses and the like: http://yfrog.com/h05ln7j
                Christian Day used to play for Sale...

I'd love to know why Cueto is trying to gouge his eyes.

I am a massive fan of Cueto, but I detest eye gouging. If he is found guilty, then he is dead to me.

I started supporting Sale when I was in Manchester. It was local and I could drag my dad along so that'd he work less and relax abit. We also had Jason Robinson, Charlie Hodgson (from my year group) and as a Scot it was great to see Jason White and Bryan Redpath. I then got to love players such as Cueto and Sebastian Chabal (he was awesome at Sale, if abit lazy).

There is very little tying me to Sale now. I live in London and White, Redpath, Robinson and Chabal are long gone and Cueto might be a gouger.

Who to support? Perhaps follow Hodgson to Saracens...at least I could get over there for a few games.
                Last edited by kittenOFchaos; April 6, 2011, 17:40.

Comment

• Right, the video...tells far more of a story than simply a still image. It looks...well, perhaps he was trying to grab Day's scrum cap or perhaps he was going for the eyes, whatever happened he'll be banned for a good chunk of time and rightly so. After all that, the sending off is for the numpty (Briggs) that runs into the back of his own players.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                    Who to support? Perhaps follow Hodgson to Saracens...at least I could get over there for a few games.
                    Not Sarries. Sarries are rotten at the top, a very very unpleasant administration.

As for the video, his right hand goes straight to the eyes. I can't see any other intention. As for VD's claim that there's nothing in it - well, he's famous for his stupidity, isn't he.

Comment

• Uncontrollable mouth VD - but he was still a game changing player (mainly for the better) in his prime.

I'd honestly rather you plumped for Wycombe Wasps, Reading Irish or Twickenham Quins kOc as Finbar is spot on about the Sarries. But supporting a club is a very personal thing. You are welcome to follow Tigers too of course. Even Saints if you must.

Comment

• VD's nonsense was obviously some sort of (ex-) player solidarity at the expense of the laws. Berk.

I'd point kOc in the direction of Italy except he's probably had a gutful of frustration.

Comment

• I got a voice-mail from Mark Cueto advertising Sale's next game.

Too funny!

Comment

• Cover your eyes!

Comment

• Reminds me of the time I got an email from VD advertising holidays to Australia

Comment

• Yay!

Sale 36 - Gloucester 24

Tom Williams (Cueto's replacement) scored two tries. Hodgson got a try, 4 penalties and 2 conversions and Addison got one too - bonus point!

Big win for Sale, crucial to avoiding a real dogfight at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X