Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated at Yahoo!.

Of the remaining QBs, I wonder which ones are the four odd men out. I'd bet Delhomme, Anderson, Bradford, and Edwards. Or will even those get taken by people who want a 3rd QB?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I like MJD fine, but you need two or three RBs, and I don't like any of his other RBs.
      Grant and Addai are excellent and productive backs. I'm really not sure why you don't like them.

Benson and Williams are both medium-potential low-floor guys, though.
      Both start for run-heavy teams. Given Brees, Davis and Clark, those are pretty solid picks. LT in the flex, and he's set.

Mcnabb is not going to be better than any of those folks except Campbell and maybe Eli. WAS just doesn't have the WRs to make him that good.
      Philly has never had quality WRs except for maybe Deshaun. Flacco was a breathtaking reach, and the reach of the draft.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Someone'll take Bradford on a flier, but likely as a 3rd QB. Whomever takes Edwards I feel sorry for.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• What is the idea that McNabb needs receivers to be good? Are we all forgetting that this man has been a pro bowler with a receiver corps consisting of Todd "I lost it in the lights" Stinktson, Freddie "Oven-mitts" Mitchell, James Trash, etc.

Not counting the Super Bowl year or last year, since when has McNabb had good receivers in his entire career?

Jaguar:

Anderson? What do you mean Anderson? Derek Anderson? He doesn't start for anyone. You must mean Josh Freeman. Freeman, Edwards, Bradford, and Delhomme.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, sorry, wasn't thinking for a sec. Josh Freeman seems like a dud, and Tampa Bay is kind of a wasteland for offensive players. Al B is right that OL is important, and Jeremy Trueblood is easily the worst starting tackle in the league.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• The only thing about McNabb is that while he has never had good receivers, he has always had a consistent offensive line... He won't have that in Washington. That's what will be McNabb's downfall. Not the lack of receivers... the lack of pass protection.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Umm, PHI hasn't had STAR receivers every year, but they have great WR depth. Last year they had 3 WRs in the top 31 DVOA for example... and McNabb has typically had great non-WR targets (TE, RB). I certainly agree that McNabb is part of what made them great - but only part. WAS on the other hand has very little talent at WR or RB, and does not have the O-Line PHI usually has either. He will not be as successful this year as he was last year, and last year he was the 15th QB by fantasy points.

I don't like Addai or Grant because I don't think they'll be excellent, productive backs. Addai has not shown to be either durable or particularly skilled, and Brown will split time with him; and further, he's in a vertical passing offense. Grant is in an offense that did better than expected last year, and while I think Rodgers will do only a little less than last year, I acknowledge that's probably optimistic. GB also has one of the hardest schedules for RBs this year.

Williams isn't really the starter - he shares time with Brown. Both of them COULD be good RBs, but they're both very, very risky players. I wouldn't want to base my offense on the two of them.

I do think Flacco was a reach, but as I said with Imran, his success is not because of his performance at the top - it's the middle he does well in.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• How can he do worse than Campbell? Palmer hasn't been all that good for years. Kolb is an unknown quantity. Sweet baby Cutler, you take your tds and your ints. Flacco, great situation, great line, mediocre quarterback. He's never produced. And then Eli freaking Manning.

At least McNabb has a pedigree. I'm not high up on McNabb, but getting him around pick 80 is pretty good value.

I do think Flacco was a reach, but as I said with Imran, his success is not because of his performance at the top - it's the middle he does well in.
                  True, but he's in the same tier as Mcnabb.

I don't like Addai or Grant because I don't think they'll be excellent, productive backs.
                  They were steady and reliable. When you've got MJD, that's what you want. Folks who put the points up.

Addai has not shown to be either durable or particularly skilled, and Brown will split time with him; and further, he's in a vertical passing offense. Grant is in an offense that did better than expected last year, and while I think Rodgers will do only a little less than last year, I acknowledge that's probably optimistic. GB also has one of the hardest schedules for RBs this year.
                  I think it's funny how you cite ranking wrt to McNabb, but not Grant/Addai.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ryan Grant is like a younger Rudi Johnson... he just plugs away at 1200+ yards year after year, never gets injured, and no one seems to notice. Go figure. He's low risk and steady.

Comment

• I don't know if Josh Freeman is going to be a dud... I mean for this year and fantasy purposes, yeah, but overall, I wouldn't make such a call yet. I do kind of feel like he's going to have a very Jason Campbell-like career path and not have a fair shot to develop nor be given enough credit.

Comment

• Sorry y'alls (is this correct Sloww?), but it's snooze time. I'll try to log on sometime during the day tomorrow to get things going again though.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                          Top 3 teams, so far, IMO:
                          1. OzzyKP
                          2. Al B. Sure! (assuming Favre plays)
                          3. Imran
                          Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                          Ozzy has the best team.
                          Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          I don't like Ozzy's RBs at all. His QB and #1 WR are fine, but after that his team's just not that good. Benson and Williams are both medium-potential low-floor guys, though.
                          Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Both start for run-heavy teams. Given Brees, Davis and Clark, those are pretty solid picks. LT in the flex, and he's set.
                          Thanks guys.

And yes, Snoopy, my draft strategy was to deprioritize RBs. But really, they count for 2 or 3 starters. Other folks prioritized RB and they've got me beat, but that means they didn't prioritize a lot of areas that I have them beat in.

Benson isn't knock-your-socks off flashy, but he is very consistent and steady. I'd describe him as low-ceiling, high-floor. Williams was amazing for me last year. Even if he drops a bit this year, I think he'll be good for where I drafted him. I think LT will have a good year too. As Ben said, they are good running teams.

Still not the strength of my team, and I'm ok with that, I wouldn't count them as weaknesses either. Jaguar's point when this whole thing began is that people overvalue RB. I agree. I've got the best QB, best TE, best WR, and pretty good DEF & 2nd WR.

But we'll see, it is a long season. You never know who will emerge as a star. I did well last year because I got lucky and folks I drafted low did amazing. I think I'm drafting pretty well, but I have zero idea whether this will translate to any success when the season starts.

I sure hope so!
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I can't see any of the teams that have 2 rbs in the top 3 right now. If something happens, they're completely boned.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                              Imran i'll agree with - the other two I don't like as much, Favre or no Favre. I think your team, Imran's, and possibly Jaguar's are the top three (not considering my own team in the equation). All three have significant potential issues, though (as does everyone's). I don't see a single team that's just WTFamazing this year.
                              14 teams means no dominant team, unless someone just hits a home run with almost all of their picks. This is the first league I have played in with 14 teams, usually play in 12 and 10 player leagues. I'm interested to see if there will be a more active trading market in a 14 team league compared to a 12 team league. I picked up Steve Smith(NYG) in free agency last year, with a 14 player team he might have been picked up in the draft.

I agree with Al. B. Sure! about Jag's team.
                              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• 01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                                01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                                01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                                01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                                01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                                01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                                01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                                01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                                01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                                01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                                01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                                01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
                                01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
                                01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
                                02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
                                02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
                                02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
                                02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
                                02.09 OzzyKP - Andre Johnson - WR - HOU
                                02.08 Spaced Cowboy - DeAngelo Williams RB - CAR
                                02.07 MRT - Calvin Johnson - WR - DET
                                02.06 Al B. - Randy Moss - WR - NE
                                02.05 Jaguar - Jamaal Charles - RB - KC
                                02.04 Flash9286 - Reggie Wayne - WR- IND
                                02.03 snoopy - Roddy White - WR - ATL
                                02.02 Berzerker - Ryan Grant - RB - GB
                                02.01 Jonny - Eli Manning - QB - NYG

03.01 Jonny - DeSean Jackson - WR - PHI
                                03.02 Berzerker - Joseph Addai - RB - IND
                                03.03 snoopy - Pierre Thomas - RB - NO
                                03.04 Flash9286 - Brandon Marshall - WR - MIA
                                03.05 Jaguar - Greg Jennings - WR - GB
                                03.06 Al B. - Shonn Greene - RB - NYJ
                                03.07 MRT - Marques Colston - WR - NO
                                03.08 Spaced Cowboy - Steve Smith - WR - CAR
                                03.09 OzzyKP - Cedric Benson - RB - CIN
                                03.10 joncha - Sidney Rice - WR - MIN
                                03.11 duke o' york - Knowshon Moreno - RB - DEN
                                03.12 Imran - Beanie Wells - RB - ARI
                                03.13 Guynemer - Jonathan Stewart - RB - CAR
                                03.14 Sloww - Jahvid Best - RB - DET

04.14 Sloww - Anquan Boldin - WR - BAL
                                04.13 Guynemer - Felix Jones - RB - DAL
                                04.12 Imran - Steve Smith - WR - NYG
                                04.11 duke o' york - Hines Ward - WR - PIT
                                04.10 joncha - Ronnie Brown - RB - MIA
                                04.09 OzzyKP - Dallas Clark - TE - IND
                                04.08 Spaced Cowboy - Mike Sims-Walker - WR - JAX
                                04.07 MRT - Antonio Gates - TE - SD
                                04.06 Al B. - Brett Favre - QB - MIN
                                04.05 Jaguar - Matt Forte - RB - CHI
                                04.04 Flash9286 - Kevin Kolb - QB- PHI
                                04.03 snoopy - LeSean McCoy - RB - PHI
                                04.02 Berzerker - Vernon Davis - TE - SF
                                04.01 Jonny - Chad Ochocinco - WR - CIN

05.01 Jonny - Percy Harvin - WR - MIN
                                05.02 Berzerker - Wes Welker - WR - NE
                                05.03 snoopy - Jay Cutler - QB - CHI
                                05.04 Flash9286 - Justin Forsett - RB - SEA
                                05.05 Jaguar - Dwayne Bowe - WR - KC
                                05.06 Al B. - Michael Crabtree - WR - SF
                                05.07 MRT - CJ Spiller - RB - BUF
                                05.08 Spaced Cowboy - Carson Palmer - QB - CIN
                                05.09 OzzyKP - Ricky Williams - RB - MIA
                                05.10 joncha - Matt Ryan - QB - ATL
                                05.11 duke o' york - Brent Celek - TE - PHI
                                05.12 Imran - Tony Gonzalez - TE - ATL
                                05.13 Guynemer - Jason Witten - TE - DAL
                                05.14 Sloww - Donald Driver - WR - GB

06.14 Sloww - Owen Daniels - TE - HOU
                                06.13 Guynemer - Vincent Jackson - WR - SD
                                06.12 Imran - Santana Moss - WR - WAS
                                06.11 duke o' york - Brandon Jacobs - RB - NYG
                                06.10 joncha - Visanthe Shiancoe - TE - MIN
                                06.09 OzzyKP - Hakeem Nicks - WR - NYG
                                06.08 Spaced Cowboy - Jermichael Finley - TE - GB
                                06.07 MRT - Jerome Harrison - RB - CLE
                                06.06 Al B. - Fred Jackson - RB - BUF
                                06.05 Jaguar - TJ Houshmandzadeh - WR - SEA
                                06.04 Flash9286 - Mike Wallace - WR - PIT
                                06.03 snoopy - Malcolm Floyd - WR - SD
                                06.02 Berzerker - Donovan McNabb - QB - WASH
                                06.01 Jonny - Michael Bush - RB - OAK

07.01 Jonny - Kellen Winslow - TE - TB
                                07.02 Berzerker - Jets - D/ST - NYJ
                                07.03 Snoopy369 - Ravens - D/ST - BAL
                                07.04 Flash9286 - Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - NYG
                                07.05 Jaguar - Clinton Portis - RB - WAS
                                07.06 Al B. - Marion Barber - RB - DAL
                                07.07 MRT - Tim Hightower - RB - ARI
                                07.08 Spaced Cowboy - Ben Tate - RB - HOU
                                07.09 OzzyKP - Eagles - D/ST - PHI
                                07.10 joncha - Reggie Bush - RB - NO
                                07.11 duke o' york - Vikings - D/ST - MIN
                                07.12 Imran - Pierre Garcon - WR - IND
                                07.13 Guynemer - Terrell Owens - WR - CIN
                                07.14 Sloww - Thomas Jones - RB - KC

08.14 Sloww - Cadillac Williams - RB - TB
                                08.13 Guynemer - Niners - D/ST - SF
                                08.12 Imran - Jeremy Maclin - WR - PHI
                                08.11 duke o' york - Demaryius Thomas - WR - DEN
                                08.10 joncha - Packers - D/ST - GB
                                08.09 OzzyKP - LaDainian Tomlinson - RB - NYJ
                                08.08 Spaced Cowboy - Cowboys - D/ST - DAL
                                08.07 MRT - Devin Hester - WR - CHI
                                08.06 Al B. - Zach Miller - TE - OAK
                                08.05 Jaguar - Arian Foster - RB - HOU
                                08.04 Flash9286 - Chris Cooley - TE - WAS
                                08.03 snoopy - Chad Henne - QB - MIA
                                08.02 Berzerker - Derrick Mason - WR - BAL
                                08.01 Jonny - Chester Taylor - RB - CHI

09.01 Jonny - Steelers - D/ST - PIT
                                09.02 Berzerker - Alex Smith - QB - SF
                                09.03 Snoopy369 - Darren McFadden - RB - OAK
                                09.04 Flash9286 - Denver Broncos - D/ST - DEN
                                09.05 Jaguar - Matt Cassel - QB - KC
                                09.06 Al B. - Jason Campbell - QB - OAK
                                09.07 MRT - Darren Sproles - RB - SD
                                09.08 Spaced Cowboy - Matt Leinart - QB - ARI
                                09.09 OzzyKP -
                                09.10 joncha -
                                09.11 duke o' york -
                                09.12 Imran -
                                09.13 Guynemer -
                                09.14 Sloww -
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X