No announcement yet.

NHL Off-Season Thread 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipper outperformed Luongo last year. You must have a terrible, terrible goalie if you deride Kipper.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Kipper outperformed Luongo last year. You must have a terrible, terrible goalie if you deride Kipper.
      Kipper didn't even make the playoffs. Iggy failed to muster 70 points. The core has to take responsibility.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Spoken like a true hockey fan from BC.

My 5 year old cousin knows more than you do about hockey.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• My 5 year old cousin knows more than you do about hockey.
          Does he fellate Kippersoft like you do?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• No, but he's mature enough not to call him "Kippersoft" like a petulant (and frankly jealous) little child.

Comment

• Bob Probert has died after collapsing on a boat. He was 45.

Comment

• (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• No, but he's mature enough not to call him "Kippersoft" like a petulant (and frankly jealous) little child.
                  So you value servility over petulance. Can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

• RIP, Probie. So sad.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 31 NHL PLAYERS FILING FOR SALARY ARBITRATION
                      THE CANADIAN PRESS
                      7/5/2010 11:21:07 PM

TORONTO -- Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Antti Niemi heads the list of 31 players headed to salary arbitration, the NHL Players' Association announced Monday night.

Niemi -- who backstopped Chicago to its first Stanley Cup since 1961 -- will be looking for a hefty raise from the US$827,000 he made in 2009-10.

The Oilers, Canucks, Thrashers and Capitals top the list of teams heading to arbitration with three players each.

Centre Gilbert Brule, goaltender Jeff Drouin-DesLauriers and defenceman [actually, a left wing] Jean-Francois Jacques filed from the Oilers, as did Vancouver forwards Tanner Glass, Jannik Hansen and Mason Raymond.

Washington forwards Eric Fehr and Tomas Fleischmann also filed, as did defenceman Jeff Schultz, while Atlanta forwards Ben Eager, Andrew Ladd and Clarke MacArthur also elected to go to arbitration.

Other notable players filing were Ottawa defenceman Chris Campoli and forward Peter Regin, Calgary defenceman Ian White, Philadelphia forward Daniel Carcillo and Boston forward Blake Wheeler.

Twenty players filed for arbitration last summer.

Hearings will be held in Toronto from July 20 to Aug. 4, with the specific dates to be announced Tuesday.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• GM Place will no longer be called GM Place next year.

Saw this on twitter, hilarious:
                        to be renamed British Columbia Diving and Aquatic Centre aka The Dive Tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          He'd have a harder time winning. If that's your core, I'd hate to see your bench...
                          Kipper was fantastic last season-- far better in his individual performances than either of the prior two playoff seasons

Iggy was not as good as prior years-- After the super-hot Novemeber streak he cooled off completely-- He has always been a bit of a streak scorer but through the last 40 games I didn't see Iggy lead on the ice as he had in pror years

Bouw-- a big disappointment. His immense talent is obvous but he never seemed as engaged offensively as he should be

Unless the last two exceed last years performance, the Flames could be in for a tough year

But Kipper-- he was often stellar last year-- slagging him shows complete ignorance of his performance last year
                          Last edited by Flubber; July 7, 2010, 09:43.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Flames name Jay Feaster assistant GM...he was the GM of the Lightning in 2004 when they defeated Calgary in the SCF.

Comment

• Not hockey, but maybe someone who reads this thread will appreciate it...

The Green Riders are going to take a case of beer to the huddle this season. Whoever doesn't get a beer has to leave the field.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Kovalchuk (finally) signs with the Devils. For real.

Comment

Working...
                                X