No announcement yet.

NHL Off-Season Thread 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not an attack, it's a descriptor. If I called you a pathological liar and you were not, in fact, a pathological liar, it would be an attack.
    And I said you have a mancrush on Iggy, which is in fact the truth.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Then don't act like you are the arbiter of impartiality and get your panties in a twist when I do the same.
      I don't ever claim to be impartial on a hockey topic, although I am far more objective than either you or asher in your posts -- and my drawers were decidedly untwisted

But my comment this time was impartial. I had never before seen you reference BJs from Asher to a hockey star so it was in fact a "new low" as far as I have seen

Asher meanwhile used relatively tired insults I have seen him use in reference to you, many times. So his "lows" were pretty much where they have always been.

Anything else?
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Ok, thanks.

I don't claim to be impartial on hockey issues either. Especially when it concerns Flames players.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

And I said you have a mancrush on Iggy, which is in fact the truth.
          That was not the comment I thought was a new low.

As well, if you actually read asher's hockey stuff you would see that we have both been pretty critical of Iggy's performance last year-- so you are wrong
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
            While it is a little disappointed the Hawks have to be somewhat dismantled, it is a predicted offshoot of the cap world. Dynasties are harder since if you accumulate too many stars, there comes a point where you cannot afford them.

While the most obvious example, the hawks are far from the only team that have had to dump salary-- Oh and the Hawks cap problems are not all due to good drafting. The rather fat contract of an overpriced Huet is a big part of their cap woes.

Overall my feelings on the cap are mixed. It is "tough" to see players dumped for non-hockey reasons. At the same time I would not want to see a return to the days when teams like the Leafs or Rangers can attempt to buy their way to a cup. In the current system shrewd drafting IS greatly rewarded as cheap younger players can be a key ingredient
            That's exactly why I'd suggest that drafted players bear a reduced hit on the cap vs hired free agents.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

I don't claim to be impartial on hockey issues either. Especially when it concerns Flames players.
              THanks Ben -- that made me burst out in laughter. The thought of you being impartial on hockey is astoundling idiotic.

Oh and I will continue to question and criticize your veracity for as long as your posts warrant it. If you don't want to hear that you are dishonest then be more straightforward and honest.

and if you feel the need or justification to criticize my posts , please feel free. Take your best shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                That's exactly why I'd suggest that drafted players bear a reduced hit on the cap vs hired free agents.
                My only problem is that this is usally an additional reward for teams that have good drafted players mainly due to the fact that they sucked so very bad for a number of years.

Its bad enough that a team gets a Crosbie and a Malkin for a number of years but then you entrench the advantage with a reduced cap hit. Thats a huge disadvantage for any team that cannot afford to really suck while rebuilding.

The draft pick is already a huge reward for sucking. I have a difficult time making it an even bigger and longer term advantage

Comment

• So say that the post was wrong. That's different than saying that I'm a pathological liar.

As for the flames, we have had what, 3 seven game series going to OT in game 7, and been on the losing end twice, all of which preceeded extended cup runs.

That stings! I'm a hostile witness on the Flames, as I would expect you guys to be about the Canucks.

Comment

So say that the post was wrong. That's different than saying that I'm a pathological liar.
                    I frequently point out when your post is wrong. In fact my language a couple of times has been "objectively" , "demonstrably" wrong (or similar language). You then change up what you are asserting somehow as if you were not so obviously and observably wrong.

It is that second behavior that leads me to call you dishonest and others to use terms like "pathological liar"-- personally I have no opinion on the genesis of the behavior but "habitual" does seem to fit ([Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive: a pathological liar. )

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

As for the flames, we have had what, 3 seven game series going to OT in game 7, and been on the losing end twice, all of which preceeded extended cup runs.

That stings! I'm a hostile witness on the Flames, as I would expect you guys to be about the Canucks.
                    The canucks are less important to the Flames fans than the reverse. Sorry but true-- and I don't hate any team enough to divorce my hockey views from reality

Comment

• "pathological liar" is a descriptor of your posting style and veracity of your posts, Ben. Now move on.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• "pathological liar" is a descriptor of your posting style and veracity of your posts, Ben. Now move on.
                        And you have double standards. Truth hurts, Imran.

At least Flubber was man enough to admit that he holds me to a higher standard than he does Asher. Least you can do is the same.

Comment

At least Flubber was man enough to admit that he holds me to a higher standard than he does Asher. Least you can do is the same.
                          You have a litany of psychological issues to work through. Persistent delusions is another, as this post demonstrates.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• You have a litany of psychological issues to work through. Persistent delusions is another, as this post demonstrates.
                            I see.

So let's see. According to Imran, if I were to describe you as delusional, that's fine?

Let's see how he responds.

You are completely delusional, Asher.

I can also call you a pathological liar too.

Comment

At least Flubber was man enough to admit that he holds me to a highe.r standard than he does Asher. Least you can do is the same.
                              I said no such thing. I said your insult to asher was new and therefore a new low. Asher's insults to you were identical to similar comments I have seen him make numerous times.

This post by you is a classic example of the dishonesty I was referencing. You are either exceptionally stupid or intentionally misrepresenting what I said

Comment

• Asher, you are a crime against humanity.

Apparently, that's ok too.

Comment

Working...
                                X