No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben follows baseball less than he follows football. Why do you expect him to know any more about this game?

For one, I'm sure he doesn't believe that the playoffs are a crapshoot and the best team doesn't always win.

Anyways, the Brewers are 1 game away from the NLCS... really be fun to see the Brew Crew in the World Series!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• One of the first Tigers games I ever went to (or remember going to) was against the Brewers (back when they were in the AL). So I'd be down for a Tigers-Brewers WS (of course I'd be down for a Tigers-Anybody WS (though I'd prefer a Tigers-Anybody-but-Philly WS)).
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• This game is giving me an ulcer.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Tigers won. Wow. Yankees with their backs to the wall, despite being + 5 for the series.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Tigers!!!

And now they have a chance to win the series tomorrow!!! And I'll be there!!!!!

This is my first playoff game in any sport, I am so excited! I hope they win! We'll be celebrating in Detroit!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hopefully they can KO the damn Yankees.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yankees are really really good at coming back in the alds.
                "

Comment

• I hope you get to witness history Oz.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                    Yankees are really really good at coming back in the alds.
                    In '06 the Yankees won the first game and the Tigers went on to win the next three...

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I hope you get to witness history Oz.
                    Thanks! I hope so!!

Comment

• Rangers are up 2-1 as well.

Btw, reading a bit about the Tigers/Yankees game last night and the strike zone seemed to be ridiculous (for both teams). When balls that 1.5 feet outside the strike zone are being called strikes there needs to be something done.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Which is kinda of funny because on the way to the train this morning, all the talking heads were saying that umpires don't call strikes anymore and that's why games are taking 3.5 hours.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Rangers are up 2-1 as well.

Btw, reading a bit about the Tigers/Yankees game last night and the strike zone seemed to be ridiculous (for both teams). When balls that 1.5 feet outside the strike zone are being called strikes there needs to be something done.
                          Wha?

What game were they watching? I can only think of a couple pitches for both teams that fit that description; however, pitches that appeared to nibble the corners were called ball all night long.

In truth, CC shouldn't have walked so many batters, because the zone was too small. Verlander adjusted to the small zone (for the most part), while CC did not.

I'm very jealous, Ozzy. Root 'em on for me.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• This is what I saw:

It seems that Davis made the strike zone quite a bit wider, especially on the inside, and didn't call strikes on the outside (I said it was ridiculous and strikes were being called on balls 1.5 feet in, not that it was too big in general).

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

I'm very jealous, Ozzy. Root 'em on for me.
                              Will do!

Plus I have a date with a friend's sister tomorrow (who I've had a thing for since high school) and will probably hook up with another friend's housemate while I'm here. Michigan is pretty rad.

Comment

• .... and Texas moves on, beating the Rays 3 games to 1. Seems like the Rays hit their emotional peak winning the Wild Card and then had little else left. Wonder if same will occur with the Cards (hope so) - then we can get division winners playing each other in the LCSs

Comment

Working...
                                X