No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed... especially after Cleveland got Jiminez...
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Crap.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Cleveland is out of gas.
        Chicago just showed their true colors vs. NY/Bos, now 6.5 back.
        Minnesota is even worse.

It's now pretty clear that Dunn and Rios will continue as automatic outs in the heart of the White Sox order. Both are nothing better than mistake hitters this year. Konerko and Quentin can't do it alone.

If the Tigers can't do it this year, they should be dropped to AAA.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Interesting thing.

Looking at the average Hall of Famer, has 64.8 WAR to their credit.

Roy Halladay now has just a shade under 60. With about a quarter of the season remaining, he's got 5.5 WAR this year. If he finishes as strong as he's started, he'll have 6.7 WAR for the season.

That will bring him up to 61.6 WAR. The average Hall of Fame pitcher over all seasons from 15 onwards, picks up about 2 WAR. That brings Halladay up to 63.6 WAR, just a bit shy of the hall average.

Roy to make the hall of fame will need a season of 2.9 WAR next season to finally be on the Hall of Fame track for his career. He's been making up ground for years and years but is still behind.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Milwaukee really opening up a lead in the NL Central. 9-1 in their last 10, including beating up on the former 1st place Cardinals in their way to the top. Now up by 5 and really looking impressive.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Cleveland is out of gas.
              Chicago just showed their true colors vs. NY/Bos, now 6.5 back.
              Minnesota is even worse.

It's now pretty clear that Dunn and Rios will continue as automatic outs in the heart of the White Sox order. Both are nothing better than mistake hitters this year. Konerko and Quentin can't do it alone.

If the Tigers can't do it this year, they should be dropped to AAA.
              The "out of gas" Indians are 2 back now after winning the first 2 of the Tigers-Indians series.

Comment

• So who do you think the Rangers will play in the World Series?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  The "out of gas" Indians are 2 back now after winning the first 2 of the Tigers-Indians series.
                  Well we can always count on Verlander for a win.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  So who do you think the Rangers will play in the World Series?
                  Detroit will be up against the Phillies.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• For Sale - Starting Pitcher

TLANTA — Carlos Zambrano has left the building.
                    Whether he returns — and whether he ever pitches in a Cubs uniform again — was a matter of anger, dismay and conjecture after the enigmatic pitcher packed up his belongings in the visiting clubhouse during Friday night’s game and left Turner Field.
                    By the time the media were *allowed into the clubhouse, not even the nameplate above his locker remained, and Zambrano was said to have told clubhouse personnel he intends to retire.

Until Friday, he had pitched well in recent starts. On this night, he allowed five home runs in less than five innings, including back-to-back homers to Freddie Freeman and Dan Uggla in the fifth.
                    After a subsequent visit to the mound by pitching coach Mark Riggins — in part to stall to help get a reliever ready — Zambrano tried twice to hit the next batter, Chipper Jones.
                    The second miss drew the ejection from ump Tim Timmons, at which point the Braves’ bench emptied briefly. Before anyone could contemplate a push or a shove, Zambrano was already halfway to the Cubs’ dugout, leaving the mound calmly after getting tossed."
                    Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

• Oh, btw, Congrats to Jim Thome!!

8th player ever to hit 600 HRs.

Comment

• Yeah well, he sailed with Noah. One would think he would eventually hit some milestones.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Meh, that's not hard at all. I've hit 600 home runs in a bit over five seasons*

*in High Heat 2002
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Comment

• CUBS FIRE JIM HENDRY!!! :FU

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Yeah well, he sailed with Noah. One would think he would eventually hit some milestones.

Thome is only 40 years old... I wonder what you think of 50 year olds .

Comment

Working...
                                X