• Show
Clear All

• In his last six starts, Justin Verlander is:

6-0
    0.72 ERA
    51 K
    6 BB
    I'm not sure what his WHIP is, but it is way under 1.00

This doesn't even include his no-hitter over a month ago.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Maybe he'll finally get a Cy Young this year.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Checking Yahoo he has the most innings pitched out of all MLB pitchers, the most quality starts, the lowest WHIP and the 2nd most strike outs. He's probably top 5 or top 10 in ERA too. What a monster first half.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Not to mention the no-no, which is awesome Cy bait.
          If they could just win the division...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Weaver has to be the front runner.
            "

Comment

• The Mets are enjoying interleague play. 2 Grand Slams today against the Tigers, after having the offense waking up in the last two games against the Rangers.

And the Red Sox get to see why the Phillies have the best record in baseball. Not just Lee's 2 hitter, but also Beckett who had the best ERA+ in the AL gives up 5 in 6 innings.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I would just like to point out that the Chicago White Sox are now a .500 ballclub.

That may sound pathetic, but they were double-digits below for awhile there. Aspiring to mediocrity in the AL Central!

The Sox also love interleague play. Humber continues to rock.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, I've been eyeing the Sox as the Tigers' #1 threat in the Central, rather than the Indians.

Comment

• Not to mention that dude named Roy Halladay.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• ???

Comment

• Who the **** knows?

Comment

• Maybe a delayed response to my praise of the Phillies?

Speaking of the Phils, what a travesty that Placido Polanco is starting 3B for the National League in the All Star Game. Maybe not as much of a travesty as Derek Jeter being the starting SS in the AL, but still!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I stopped caring about "who" is playing in the game... let the fans see who they want. If they want to vote some veteran in, fine by me. I just wish the game didn't mean anything... that is the real travesty.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What does it mean?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Winning league gets home advantage in WS, duh.

Comment

Working...
                                X