Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby - 6 Nations, Heineken Cup, You Can't Beat A Northern Hemisphere Winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They honestly might surprise you.

However to beat the ABs on this form you must take them on at the breakdown better than I saw the Boks manage - is Pocock fit?

And to qualify that of the two tests I saw about ten minutes total - I'm not allowed to watch all these southern games in our off season as a trade off for watching lots of games during our season!
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Do as I did, buy in a 27" iMac. You'll have endless peace and quiet. They could indeed surprise. They're capable of playing astonishing rugby. Just not capable of doing it two matches in a row. Pocock is fit. They're still missing the muscle and madness of lock James Horwill and muscle and speed of Palu at #8. Dean Mumm will always be a skilful flanker playing out of position at lock and he lacks aggression. They managed to hammer England at the breakdown in the first Test but that was a piece of p*** compared to the ABs at the breakdown.

How quickly will the Boks try to take - literally - Quade Cooper's head off?
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Well, they didn't, but a Bok with a history of fiddling with oppo eyes did have a flirtation with Pocock's eyes. Encouragingly solid Wallaby effort against a clapped-out Bok outfit. A break and return matches in Bokland might make a difference to them. Nice to see Giteau and Rocky returning to some form, even if some of Rocky's options were lousy. Whether they can compete next week is another matter.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I didn't see it unfortunately.

Sorry I missed the iMac thing. Sadly it isn't an option for me on principle - the principle that Steve Jobs will never see a penny of my money (if I have any say in it). As I suspect you know I don't buy into the cult of Apple.

Really enjoyed seeing him flundering about the Antenna fault on the iPhone 4 though. Not a fault but a feature apparently? Such spin is worthy of Microsoft?
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Cult? They're simply better computers and OSs. That's the only thing that interests me. I don't have the slightest interest in iPhones, iPods, et al. I inherited Mrs f's old iPod and never use it.

Comment

• I'm not about to argue as it's all personal preference - personally I prefer Operating Systems that are configurable and accessible. So Windows 7 for me over OSX - and various LINUX distros also meet my liking.

Apple kit does a fine job of making basic computer use trouble free, if very expensive for what specification you get.

Comment

• I switched cable TV providers last week, so for the first time in years I've actually been able to watch rugby on my TV. The online providers were such poor quality I had pretty much given up on ever getting to follow the sport again. I'm looking forward to NZ v Ustraya this weekend, as they seem to be the best 2 teams in the Tri-Nations so far...watched the Boks get creamed...they seemed pretty dismal.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia View Post
                  I switched cable TV providers last week, so for the first time in years I've actually been able to watch rugby on my TV. The online providers were such poor quality I had pretty much given up on ever getting to follow the sport again. I'm looking forward to NZ v Ustraya this weekend, as they seem to be the best 2 teams in the Tri-Nations so far...watched the Boks get creamed...they seemed pretty dismal.
                  Not long ago SA was smashing the hell out of France, they're just a bit jaded and will make a comeback for certain. They had a very effective, but rather boring system to win games, they've been found out and need to come up with a different approach.

There were a few pretty good SA plays, particularly the line out they drove over the line from.

It won't take that much to get South Africa being competitive again.

Comment

• True, I certainly wouldn't take their current form for granted - especially at altitude on their home turf. In the meantime I'm happy that NZ have managed to rack up 10 Tri-Nations points while playing them.

Comment

• Pakistan in danger of being skittled for less than they in turn did to Australia? That much be some wicket down the road in Nottingham.

Comment

• That's not cricket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                          Pakistan in danger of being skittled for less than they in turn did to Australia? That much be some wicket down the road in Nottingham.
                          Get back to work! Yes, I realise it's now Saturday. The mother of all electrical storms was playing havoc with our wireless yesterday arvo so I couldn't post in time.

I think, as Cal suggested, we should start a new thread with a generic title that can live on until doomsday or the apocalypse or the ABs win the World Cup, the latter unlikely to come first. Look for the new thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X