Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby - 6 Nations, Heineken Cup, You Can't Beat A Northern Hemisphere Winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ 32 - SA 12

An enjoyable display of SA kicking the ball away and knocking on, whilst NZ run it back at them hard.

Comment

• More a case of the ABs' clicking for the first time in a while. Speed, rhythm, strength, outstanding handling skills - even their big men - allowing them to plunder the advantage line. The Boks played about five minutes of comparable (to be extremely generous) rugby early in the second half but they were overpowered and outskilled. I fear for the baby Wallabies against either of these sides.

Bakkies will certainly miss the rest of the Tri Nations, and perhaps longer, for his headbutt on Cowan. Strange how some of the deeply committed Christians leave their Christianity in the dressing room.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Hypocrisy is a very Christian virtue.

Comment

• Well, he has nine weeks to muse with his Maker about the downsides of hypocrisy.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
            Well, he has nine weeks to muse with his Maker about the downsides of hypocrisy.
            Botha being Botha...wonder if the Saffers will wear the justice armbands again.

Alan Lewis could have prevented this by blowing up for the tug-back though.

Botha has been suspended for nine weeks. Story on RD http://www.rugbydump.com

Comment

• Tugs like that happen all the time. Sometimes penalised, often not. Head-butting isn't the preferred response.

Comment

• It is not the desired response - but with some players it is sometimes the 'prefered' one.

And heck Finbar the baby Wallabies lost a Test to England - the ABs on that form could put three figures on them?
                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• Did you notice that Harry Ellis has retired at just 28 becuase of chronic knee problems?

Always put the effort in and never let either Tigers or England down - I wish him all the best for the rest of his life.

*Oh I have just seen that the Wallaby dirt trackers will visit Welford Road in November.
                    Last edited by Havak; July 13, 2010, 07:53.
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The counter seems to be so much more effective with the new ruck interpretations; you'll get pinged more now if you just go charging over the tackled player to turn over the ball, so it makes it a bit easier if you get isolated.

No wonder the ABs are making such a big use of it, the Boks really need to start banging it into touch more when kicking rather than just kicking it down Muliaina's throat. Didn't seem to be many lineouts in the game at all now I think about it.

Will be at this weekend's game, should be a good one if the Boks can sort out their flawed gameplan. If not, might give the Australians a bit of hope. Maybe.

Comment

• There weren't many lineouts but the ABs managed to thwart Victor early on and Victor, for some reason, called to other jumpers. The Bok lineout, usually all-powerful and a springboard, simply wasn't. But their kicking game was poor regardless. After a wonky start, Mils cut them to ribbons.

Yes, I saw Harry's retirement. Shame. A real little terrier. Don't know whether he had it in him to be great, but commitment was never a problem.

Comment

• Absolutely. Committed - and for a brief time perhaps too committed in his throwing himself at players feet?

It's hard to judge whether he could have been great though he was certainly good - his time with England came in the period of what I would politely call the "Dark Ages" (still going). There was a glimmer of light in the last test but that could so easily be extinguished again.

I suspect Youngs is the greater natural talent - seems to take good options more instinctively?

Harry's try aginst Llanelli (I remember when they were Wales Premier region!) in 2001 will live with me forever. Through the middle of a ruck that Scott Quinnell should have been defending but had drifted off. Oh how the Scarlet fans hated him that day.

Comment

• Youngs is certainly the greater natural talent. He's one of those gifted with intuition. Add experience to intuition and you have a terrific package. Harry Ellis was probably always going to be a talented scrapper.

More of the same from the ABs this morning. When they throw the switch, it's scary. The yellow card was ridiculous but largely irrelevant. Like last week, when the Boks dared to put the ball through hands, they looked competitive. Unfortunately it's their last resort.

Comment

• Very hard to look beyond the ABs at the moment? Although the Wallabies do have that knack of beating them against all odds.

First up is baby Wallabies versus grizzled Boks though right?

Comment

• Ya. Next weekend. Then, the week after, the ABs. If the baby Wallabies concentrate and play to their strengths they can beat the Boks. The week after ... I shudder at the thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X