Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    "Look, we know that Lane is going to be drunk on site and probably crash his truck into scaffolding, maybe even shoot a half dozen illegals with a nailgun, but have you seen how fast Monte can hang sheetrock? You know Norm can wire an entire house in a day? It's even been said that Orgeron can convince a half dozen illegals to work for foam packing peanuts. Those guys are one of a kind! If getting them means allowing Kiffin to ruin everything, by God it might be worth it."

You are one funny mother****er.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• More interestingness... it appears Chow is staying at UCLA.

Also, Troy Calhoun of Air Force is likely going to be announced as the new coach at Tennessee (after Muschamp said no).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And apparently Air Force just announced that Calhoun is staying put (perhaps an extention was put together hastily?)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Sounds like Colt McCoy is going to be fine, which is good news. I hope he does well in the pros.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• What's that supposed to mean? I know that there must be more to it.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sounds pretty sincere to me. Really, there's no reason to actively dislike McCoy, he seems like a decent young man without the holier-than-thou arrogance of Tebow.

It's Texas in general we dislike. But specific Texans are fine, on a case by case basis.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Really, there's no reason to actively dislike McCoy, he seems like a decent young man without the holier-than-thou arrogance of Tebow.

It's Texas in general we dislike.

Exactly, although I don't really hate Tebow, either. It's hard not to feel bad for McCoy and wish him better luck in the future even as you revel in all the heartbreak Texas has suffered over the course of his career.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Lane Kiffin & USC are a perfect marriage for each other. I hope they go for a scenic drive off a cliff and combust in a fiery ball together, because lord knows they both deserve it.

And as an Auburn fan, I feel compelled to point my finger at Tennessee and let out a hearty Nelson laugh. Sucks to be you! (But you should have expected this.)
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Lane Kiffin is a more deserving hire than Gene Chizik was. Didn't Chizik go 2-10 at Iowa State before Auburn hired him?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yeah, what is with this "holier-than-thou" comment about Tebow? He hasn't said anything to that effect or criticized others. He just is very religious and does things like go help out in poor countries for his Spring Break. I always am perplexed by people hating Tebow (hating the media coverage about Tebow is different, of course... but don't put that on the player).

Comment

• USF replaces Jim Levitt with Skip Holtz, which seems to me to be a pretty good hire for them.

And David Cutcliffe says thanks, but no thanks, to Tennessee.. ouch.

Comment

• Other fun coaching rumors:

LA Tech's Dooley is now at the top of Tennessee's list after they offered Utah's Kyle Whittenham a very nice offer which he turned down.

And apparently USC offered the job to Bobby Petrino (so says Petrino anyways).

And GA Tech just signed former UVA head coach Al Groh as its defensive coordinator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            Yeah, what is with this "holier-than-thou" comment about Tebow? He hasn't said anything to that effect or criticized others. He just is very religious and does things like go help out in poor countries for his Spring Break. I always am perplexed by people hating Tebow (hating the media coverage about Tebow is different, of course... but don't put that on the player).
                            I don't "hate" Tebow, but I do find his wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve to be a bit grating. I can't think of any good reason why he needs to put them on display for everyone like he does.

If there was an atheist QB who had "NO GOD" on his eye black, I'm guessing most people would (rightfully) find it to be obnoxious, even if well-intentioned.

In that sense, it just annoys me like people who put their religious/philosophical/political beliefs on pithy stickers on the asses of their cars.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                              I don't "hate" Tebow, but I do find his wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve to be a bit grating. I can't think of any good reason why he needs to put them on display for everyone like he does.

If there was an atheist QB who had "NO GOD" on his eye black, I'm guessing most people would (rightfully) find it to be obnoxious, even if well-intentioned.

In that sense, it just annoys me like people who put their religious/philosophical/political beliefs on pithy stickers on the asses of their cars.
                              Most atheists who play sports aren't militant about their atheism. Which would make that all the more entertaining.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• So its just because he puts "John 3:16" on his eye black?

Comment

Working...
                                X