Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. We should know the conclusion this Spring.

NCAA probe of USC complete

By Charles Robinson and Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 23 minutes ago

Buzz up!
    Print

After almost four years of investigation, the NCAA’s probe into the University of Southern California athletic program has reached a conclusion. Sources familiar with the investigation have told Yahoo! Sports that the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions will meet Feb. 19-21 to address what investigators uncovered at USC. According to typical NCAA procedures, if sanctions are necessary, they will be determined and then made public via a news conference within six to eight weeks of the February hearing.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Did you really think there was another reason that so impacted Carroll's decision to leave?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• New rumor is Jack Del Rio will be the next USC coach, as Riley just signed an extension at Oregon State.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He'd be a fool to jump to USC at this point in time.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yeah, who would be stupid enough to want to coach the top program in the country over the last decade, a top-five all-time program and the most dominant school in one of the three-richest recruiting grounds in the country?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• When they get slapped with sanctions, history will have little bearing on the situation.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yes, a slap on the wrist from the NCAA is going to negate all the myriad advantages USC offers to a prospective head coach. I imagine they'll suffer just as badly as Alabama.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The new USC coach is...

Lane Kiffin.

!

?

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• WTF?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I'm trying to come up with some other reaction to the news, but I think that about covers it, Drake.

WTF?

Comment

• I guess this is what Tennessee gets for trusting him.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• And this is what USC gets for cheating.

So: win, win, win.

Comment

• Volunteer fans really aren't going to take this evidence that they're a second-tier program well. Not at all. I imagine the outrageous outrage and denial will be somewhat better than that at Notre Dame and somewhat worse than that at Nebraska.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yes, the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth shall be quite entertaining.

The only way it would be funnier is if it had been Mack Brown.

Comment

• Mack doesn't want to go to a school with sky-high expectations. He can win 10 games every year at Texas with a minimum of effort and Longhorn fans will be fine with that. If he manages to beat OU in a given season or win a Big 12 title, that's just gravy.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X