Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Texas loses, it will be tough to put TCU in the championship game over Cincy.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Cincy will pass TCU in the BCS. The SOS boost should be enough. Not saying its right, but that's what it is.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I meant as far as the human polls are concerned. Struggling for a half and then a late comeback win resulting in large part from the other team muffing an extra point is not enough to justify the Harris or the coaches elevating Cincy past TCU. No way, no how. IF Cincy jumps TCU, it'll have to be the computers that force the issue.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Three points:

1. Cincy muffed their own extra point, but came back in spite of that.
          2. Had Pitt made that extra point, it would've been overtime; Cincy still would've had a chance to win.
          3. Cincy just beat a Top 15 team, on the road, in a snowstorm, to complete a perfect regular season. One shouldn't be so quick to scoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            3. Cincy just beat a Top 15 team, on the road, in a snowstorm, to complete a perfect regular season. One shouldn't be so quick to scoff.
            TCU has had a road win against a conference rival who was ranked #16 for over a month now.

They won it by THIRTY one points.

So don't scoff at them either.
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
              If Texas loses, it will be tough to put TCU in the championship game over Cincy.
              I don't know what could have possibly stirred you to make such an observation.

David, Nebraska isn't going to beat Texas.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark View Post
                TCU has had a road win against a conference rival who was ranked #16 for over a month now.

They won it by THIRTY one points.

So don't scoff at them either.
                I'm not. Were they to play on a neutral-field, I'd expect TCU to beat Cincy.

However, strictly speaking, Cincy has played a tougher schedule than TCU; their perfect season has been harder-earned. They are "more deserving".

Of course, if I had my druthers, Cincy, TCU, BSU, the Bama-Florida winner, and--should they win tonight--Texas, would all play in a five-team tourney, seeded by BCS rank.

1. Fla/Ala vs winner of 4. TCU/5. BSU prelim game
                2. Texas vs. 3. Cincy

My playoff system would work perfectly this year, as it would every year.

Comment

• Cincy beats number 15 Pitt by a point and manages to jump TCU.
                  That would just about convince me that the whole process is ridiculous.
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; December 5, 2009, 19:29.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Florida's in deep trouble. They've shown no sign that they can stop the Alabama offense. They're missing Dunlap big time.

Comment

• It's a shame, isn't it?

Comment

• Part of the problem is that Tebow thinks he can beat Alabama by himself.

Comment

• Last edited by SlowwHand; December 5, 2009, 20:23.

Comment

• ROLL TIDE BABY!

Hoover also one another state championship last night GO BUCS!
                            Last edited by SpencerH; December 5, 2009, 21:39.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Congrats, man. That was a dominating performance.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Cincy had a decidedly unimpressive showing. They'll fall behind Boise who dominated.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X