Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? According to what?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Delaney has always stated, from the get-go, that the timetable is 12-18 months. It was the media, who started jizzing all over themselves, that gave the impression that this was going to happen immediately. Nothing has changed here, Dan.

Comment

• The media and Drake
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• But you keep saying that the Big 10 brings in the real money.

The gap between the ACC and Big Ten just narrowed, which makes it harder for the Big Ten to lure away a founding ACC member like Maryland.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Crazy rumors and reports flying around now: Pac-10 looking to decimate the Big 12 by taking Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Colorado, and Texas Tech, forming the Pac-16: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ion/index.html

Meanwhile, reports that the Big 12 have issued an ultimatum to Nebraska and Mizzou regarding their stance towards Big Ten expansion: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5257088

Comment

• While waiting for all this conference expansion stuff to settle out, and for the new season to being in a few months, I thought it would be fun to post some odds-and-ends Top Tens.

Basically, post whatever theoretical Top Ten you want. Example:

Top Ten programs that have never won a national championship, defined by whatever combination of historical success, current power, fanbase, future prospects, etc. that you want, including however you want to define national championship (AP only, all those crazy early 1900s championships, etc.):

1. Oregon
                2. Iowa
                3. West Virginia
                4. Wisconsin
                5. Virginia Tech
                6. Ole Miss
                7. Oregon State
                8. Texas Tech
                9. Boston College
                10. Arizona State

Comment

• It looks to me like the sports writers are using dramatic license to describe a more mundane process.

As to the top ten programs without a national championship, I would put the Washington Huskies up top. I don't know too much about Oregeon, to be honest. Do they have a strong football tradition?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• No. I wasn't going to say anything. I wanted to wait and see who else would say "WTF?" first.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
                      It looks to me like the sports writers are using dramatic license to describe a more mundane process.

As to the top ten programs without a national championship, I would put the Washington Huskies up top. I don't know too much about Oregeon, to be honest. Do they have a strong football tradition?
                      Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Washington split a national title in the late 80s or early 90s?

Comment

• Yup, 1991, Washington went 12-0 and got at least a share of the title (work computer is too slow to do more thorough research).

As to Oregon, I'm basing that rank on the fact that they've been a consistent, major force in college football for the past several years. I think of all the teams that have never won a "national championship", they've got the best shot.

In retrospect, I'd probably squeeze Utah and Boise State into that list, probably right behind Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Utah and Boise over Ole Miss, Texas Tech and Boston College? WTF?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think Virginia Tech should be higher. They've had some good runs deep into the season, eclipsed only by the fact that they are uncompromising choke artists
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Utah and Boise over Ole Miss, Texas Tech and Boston College? WTF?
                              I'm weighting it more towards likelihood of future national title--if BSU joins the MWC, and the MWC gets an auto-berth, both BSU and Utah could score a title before those other schools.

Comment

• Having just driven through 5 out of 8 Big Ten states, I'm no longer so excited about Nebraska joining the conference.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X