X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good chart.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Apparently changes are coming for headshots starting next season. No details yet, though.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Another scary hit, MacArthur on Reddox in Buffalo (vs Edm):

Shows just how fast the game gets played. Wasn't intentional, but definitely a major and a game...if not more?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• It looked accidental, but he will probably get something extra.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            It looked accidental, but he will probably get something extra.

It deserves extra. While I don't think Macarthur was intending to be dirty and the Oiler kind of swerved one way and another, the reality right at the 1:00 mark of that clip is that you can see the hit right in the back of the Oiler. Contact was clearly from behind and unintentional or not, a very dangerous hit resulted.

Oh and I saw the TSN clip about the GMs discussion on head shots. ASpparently the Booth-Richards hit was the main one mentioned as one where they need to make it clear thats not allowed. GMs then talked about the hit on Toews as one that should be allowed ( the quote was that he should be more aware of the players on the ice and the penalty elapsing) or a recent one on Kessel. ( Burke said something like he hit my guy pretty hard but thats hockey and should always be part of the game)
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yeah, accidental is the wrong word.

Unintended might be better, but it is clear he hit the player who was approaching the boards right in the numbers.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Unintended isn't it, either.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Unintended isn't it, either.
                  No malice. It looks like he is chasing someone and would have done a normal rub out if the Oiler had turned EITHER way. Instead the Oiler got kind of mucked up and left himself in a very vulnerable position. Momentum and probably normal "finish your check" instinct carried Macarthur through. But it wasn't just incidental contact either-- he clearly made a hit-- not a particularly hard hit-- but a clear hit right in the numbers.

So I agree that accidental or unintended don't cover it-- I don't know that any single word does. It was in all respects a normal hockey play except that he hit the guy directly from behind. Since that is clear and hitting from behind is clearly illegal, I think there should be some additional discipline.

Because that hit, even when of the gentler variety, is absolutely something that they hope to get out of the game
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• No supplementary discipline.

Darcy Hordichuk (VAN) got suspended a game for being a douche with less than 5 minutes left. Vin-yo got fined.

Comment

• Wake up hockey fans

Lets see

1. Toronto continues its suckage. I am betting they will somehow avoid last place but will then win the lottery for the first pick they traded away. Kessel looks good though.

2. Calgary-- despite their pretty da** great record, have not been that great. early they had secondary scoring in bunches while Iggy struggled and Kipper was merely ok. Lately Iggy and Kipper have been great but all the secondary scoring has been drying up-- Plus the defensive side of the team has never yet showed up. I'm looking to see a team that in more than half their games can shut down opposing teams nad limit SOG

3. Montreal?-- a mediocre team which is like Edmonton of a few years ago for the ability to win the 3 point games. If either Price or Halak get consistent they might eek into the playoffs but I hold out little hope for anything more.Edit- I see Gionta is out "indefinitely"-- playoff spot would be dreaming

4. Vancouver-- Luongo will get healthy and be better. Their record will improve. I expect them to surge upward a bit

5. Edmonton-- Penner is a nice surprise this year. The team? NYE can correct me here but they just seem too inconsistent. Also I don't know that bulin is any improvement on Rollie. I see a team that probably should challenge for a playoff spot but I am not at all certain if they will

6. Ottawa-- They are better than Toronto this year. LeClaire will prove to be the real deal for them.They should be able to knock The Isles out of the top 8 but it could be tough sledding. You have to expect that Boston will eventually rocket up into a solid playoff spot
                      Last edited by Flubber; November 18, 2009, 15:35.

Comment

• Khabibulin has more experience and is younger. They would have signed Roli for one more year, but he insisted on two. Good for him that he got it from the Islanders.

With that said, it still baffles me that they signed Khabi for multiple years as a 35+ contract.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• As a Flames fan, I've been thrilled with the Khabi acquisition. He seemed to have used up all his lives against the Flames, he used to be lethal.

I guess the concept of regression to the mean is bound to bite him in the ass.

Comment

Khabibulin has more experience and is younger. They would have signed Roli for one more year, but he insisted on two. Good for him that he got it from the Islanders.

With that said, it still baffles me that they signed Khabi for multiple years as a 35+ contract.
                            Isn't 'bulin just 2 years younger? PLus wasn't Rollie more consistently good over the last couple of years . My recollection was that 'bulin was pretty mediocre two years ago and that led to the Huet signing in Chicago. Then everyone was a little surprised that 'bulin stayed in the NHL and then outplayed Huet for the #1 job last year.

Don't get me wrong-- 'bulin may be just fine for the Oil but I thought that Rollie had been pretty consistently very good for the Oil so I don't really see 'bulin as an upgrade

Comment

• Oh and guys my favorite player this week is not from my two apolyton pools but instead from a yahoo one that includes PIM-- Zack Stortini has no points and only one SOG but his 24 PIMs means that he should singlehandedly win the category for me.

I will say that having PIMs in is very different since the players that help you in PIMs are generally not that great on any otehr category

Comment

• How about them refs?

Not only did the refs miss this one, the boys upstairs in Toronto did too. Incompetence is so awesome.

Wings got screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X