This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
    Roster cuts are coming today and tomorrow. Rookie QB Brian Hoyer will be Tom Brady's backup this season as the Pats release Andrew Walter.

Other guys who will potentially be cut include Jeff Garcia, Jamal Lewis and Deion Branch.
    Jamal Lewis? Crap, he is on my fantasy team. I thought he was supposed to be their starter?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I don't know where Zopp is getting that. Wishful thinking perhaps?

I have Jamal as well, and I need him badly.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• He's not making it up, if that's what you are thinking... it is a rumor that is circulating:

With the team successfully trimming their roster yesterday by trading Louis Leonard and placing Ryan Tucker and Fred Weary on the IR, the next step will be two-fold.  First, the Browns will need to leave Thursday's game against Chicago injury...
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I fully expect the trio to be Lewis, Davis and Harrison instead of one of those names listed above
          I would be very surprised if Branch and Lewis were cut.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Assuming he's not an empty husk, Branch will definitely find work.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Some news bad, some pretty good.

Bears RB Kevin Jones is out for the season with a torn ligament in his left ankle.
              The guy can't catch a break. As Dynasty leaguers surely know, Jones has missed much of the past four seasons with ankle, thigh, hip, elbow, shoulder and ACL injuries. The Bears, who handed Jones a two-year, $3.5M deal this offseason, will be in the market for a backup tailback. In the meantime, Matt Forte will shoulder the load as he did last season.
              Sep. 4 - 4:19 pm et
              Source: National Football Post

Relief: Jones-Drew's MRI comes back negative

The MRI on Maurice Jones-Drew's "lower extremity" came back negative, meaning his injury is only a bruise. This is what Jack Del Rio suspected, but an MRI today confirmed it. Jones-Drew simply has a bruise and will be fine for Week 1. Everyone who took him in No. 1 or 2 overall can breath a sigh of relief. The scare is still somewhat of a reminder that Jones-Drew has never been "the man" before and is bound to take some extra nicks this season.
              Sep. 4 - 4:25 pm et
              Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That's ok for the Deviations. He's still got Choice, Benson and Taylor.

Comment

• Meanwhile...
                  Bills released veteran RB Dominic Rhodes.
                  Rhodes saw very limited playing time this preseason, rushing for 64 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries while fumbling twice. This move is still a bit of a surprise with Marshawn Lynch opening the season on suspension.
                  Source: NFL.com

Comment

• Jesse Holley was the winner of the last roster opportunity, coming from a Michael Irvin reality show. He ran back a kick that ended up winning the game last night, but was cut today.
                    Someone will pick him up, I hope. That's the only cut the Cowboys made that really bothers me.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Jamal survives, but the Raiders are doubling down on JaMarcus.

Looks like Branch survives as well.

Comment

• Branch was picked up tonight, wandering around in a diaper and mumbling to himself.
                        I don't think I'd start him next week.

EDIT: No. That's a lie. I can't lie. Crap!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If you want him, make me an offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Branch was picked up tonight, wandering around in a soiled,stinking diaper and mumbling to himself.
                            I don't think I'd start him next week.

EDIT: No. That's a lie. I can't lie. Crap!
                            Its ok, I fixed it, Im headed to church, I will say a prayer for you..and Deion
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Patriots traded DE Richard Seymour to Oakland for a 2011 first round pick!

Tough loss, Seymour's a great player, but this is one sick trade

Comment

• Man, there is nothing to warm my heart than to know the Raiders are in the Charger's division. It's like Christmas every week!

Comment

Working...
                                X