Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can We At Least Talk About Who Will Run Leagues For NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a suggestion, if there is one night all of us can attend an informal live draft here at poly we could get a 1/3rd of the draft or more over in 4 hours... One night is all it takes, a few hours and we can coast the rest of the way...

Originally posted by EPW View Post
    Can I have two teams like ozzy in the baseball league?
    if there's room, or you can also join Snoopy's auction league

Comment

• I'm in both now.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I can make myself available if we're going to do some live drafting.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• IDP League changed to 6-man playoffs over weeks 14-16, with a 13-week balanced schedule.

We need one more GM to fill out the league.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'd still want to cut the required # of D players down from 6 to 4. Six just seems ridiculous and creates too much waiver wire headache.

Plus, it puts Duke and me at a severe disadvantage because of the time zones.

I say we go with 4 D players (1 DL, 2 LB and 1 DB) and get 2 extra bench spots.

Comment

• In a 14-player league, extra bench slots are a horrible idea. If we could ensure those slots were used for backups at all positions, it would be fine. But historically, people just load up on more skill position players.

Do the math: The top 70 RB/WRs will play, and another 70-120 or so will be on benches. That's virtually every starter in the NFL.

Not sure I understand how time zones relate to rosters. You're awake before any of us on Monday morning.

I'm open to altering the IDP structure, but I though last year's was a little sad (4 players, no position restrictions >> nothing but LBs for the most part). The position list I made for the league was an attempt to take advantage of the fact that Yahoo has finally started listing the 5 core defensive positions.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm awake earlier on Monday because I sleep through the Sunday afternoon and evening games so I can't acquire players on the fly.

But let me propose this:
                - Kill the swing spot on offense
                - Kill the DT requirement and change it into DL (although no-one will take a DT anyway)
                - Merge the CB and S positions into 1 DB
                - Decrease the bench from 8 to 7

So we get this as starting line-up: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DL, 2 LB and 1 DB (which also adds up to 11)
                Plus 7 bench spots gives us a nice and even 18 with bench spots making up 39% of the roster (versus 36% as it is now) so the bench size isn't way bigger (relatively speaking).

Comment

• 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 2LB, 1DB, at most 6 bench spots, at least 5. RB/WR is essentially a RB/WR bench spot. I map out the bench spots as 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1D, second optional (skill, K, D). I think 5 bench is fine if you have the swing spot (and I'd rather have the swing spot than not) as you then have 1 WR/RB and 1K/D bench or a second WR/RB. I agree that 4 D is better than 6, seems too many otherwise, and weakens the importance of D overall in the draft to have too many.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The swing spot (RB/WR) is not going away. I can't imagine anyone else embracing that, Zopp.

But in light of the emphasis on RBBC, changing it from RB/WR to WR3 might make sense in a 14-man league...

Comment

• This is another reason we always have to start earlier, anal people on the stats.
                      I'm going to kick Zop to the curb, write it down.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Settle down, Sloww. With 14 teams, it's actually worthwhile to look at stuff like this.

I agree that 4 D is better than 6, seems too many otherwise, and weakens the importance of D overall in the draft to have too many.
                        Although I'm quite curious as to snoop's reasoning for how having more defensive starters reduces the value of defense...

Comment

• Ok, fine. If I'm not the designated heckler, whom do you suggest? I want to see their qualifications.

Comment

• lets go with a RB/WR swing spot, RBBC actually increases playable RBs

5 defenders? a DL, 2 LB and 2 DB/S

or

hell, I dont care. But I do like my swing spot

and why the hell are you sleeping sunday afternoon Zop? You got some crazy work hours?

Hey Rabbit, we goin with return yardage If not, 1 DB/S is fine

oh yeah, how many yards per point for RBs? 10 makes them a bit more valuable than WRs imo

not suggesting this but I played a non-ppc, non-comp league a couple years ago and I actually liked it, 1 pt for every 10 yds running/receiving and I was pleasantly surprised by the balance

Comment

• Current settings for IDP League
                              Stat Category / Point Value
                              Offense

Completions 1
                              Incomplete Passes -.5
                              Passing Yards 25 yards per point
                              Passing Touchdowns 6
                              Interceptions -3
                              Sacks -0.5
                              Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
                              Rushing Touchdowns 6
                              Receptions 1
                              Reception Yards 20 yards per point
                              Reception Touchdowns 6
                              Return Yards 20 yards per point
                              Return Touchdowns 6
                              2-Point Conversions 2
                              Fumbles Lost -3
                              Kickers
                              Field Goals 0-39 Yards 3
                              Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
                              Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
                              Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
                              Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -2
                              Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
                              Point After Attempt Made 1
                              Point After Attempt Missed -2
                              Defensive Players
                              Tackle Solo 1
                              Tackle Assist .5
                              Sack 2
                              Interception 3
                              Fumble Force 2
                              Fumble Recovery 3
                              Defensive Touchdown 6
                              Safety 5
                              Pass Defended 1
                              Block Kick 3

The yards/point are same as last year. I upgraded some of the defensive rewards (INT, sack, fumble recovery IIRC).

Discuss.

Sloww, I was out of line. I apologize. You are definitely our designated heckler. None better.

Comment

• this messes me up every year, there's return yards on offense and I think on defense and I think we need the return yards for defense. Hell, maybe not, I always get that confused

oh yeah, I suggest 12-15 yds per point for rushing. We need to provide some balance for the RB/WR spot and 10 yds rushing/pt favors RBs. But if no one else cares I wont make a fuss

Comment

Working...
                                X