Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can We At Least Talk About Who Will Run Leagues For NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tuber's in; league is full.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Um, I thought I was in the IDP league... can we please make it 14?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Glad to hear you're into it.

IDP is now a 14-team league (yikes!) -- one spot for snoopy, plus another.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Can I have two teams like ozzy in the baseball league?
            "

Comment

NO.

With 14 turns, it's really important that all the players stay committed. It also means a longer draft, with less talent to go around. should be interesting.

Hey, if we move to a 3-week playoff system, it would give us a balanced schedule (13 week season, playoffs 14-16). Thoughts?

Comment

3 week playoffs sounds good to me - do 6 teams make playoffs, with top 2 as bye. I think we've done that before.

I've created the ESPN league for the auction. Email me at my user name @ yahoo or gmail.com (snoopy369@ either of those) if you want an invite. I have a set of tentative settings. 10 slots open at the moment, will adjust that up or down as necessary. Two divisions, Off Topic and On Topic, so email me which one you want to be in. Don't post your preference here, so there's less imbalance in the divisions from strategery...

Comment

Snoop -- I haven't looked at the available Yahoo settings yet; I think the selections vary with league size. I'll check it out and show options here for discussion. But not tonight.

Anyone else have thoughts on playoff structure?

Comment

OK, so snoopy369 is IN and we need one more for a 14-team league. A balanced schedule would be a regular season of 13 weeks, with playoffs in weeks 14-15-16.

Here are our options:
                    Single league
                    1. 6-team playoff, top 2 teams get a bye
                    2. 8-team playoffs, no byes. 1vs8, 2vs7, etc.

Two 7-team divisions
                    -either 6 or 8 teams, as above
                    Then:
                    1. division winners awarded top 2 seeds
                    2. division winners advance but seeded by overall standings
                    3. all teams seeded according to overall standings

My take: since it would be a balanced schedule, divisions are random and meaningless. I like the idea of an 8-team playoff over 3 weeks. That way, more teams get to participate and those with a bad start still get a chance to sneak into the playoffs.

Comment

• the only plus for a 6 team playoff is a consolation bracket so 12 teams would actually have playoffs, that'd be my pref but if y'all like 8 so be it

email sent to snoop for an auction league

Comment

• I like 6 team playoffs, should have a bye to reward good performance in the regular season. I don't like the idea of over half of the teams making the playoffs, 6 out of 14 is plenty and basically gives everyone with a winning record a shot. Probably a no on divisions for the reasons JR elaborated but no strong feelings there.

Comment

• I like the 6-team format as well. And no to conferences/divisions.

I'm still in the league but rebranded my team to the Belichick Magnets!

Comment

• We have 6 teams signed up for the D/ST league. Need 4 or 6 more players.
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• I'm in both now.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Joined D/ST league.

Comment

Working...
                                X