Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can We At Least Talk About Who Will Run Leagues For NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I've opened the IDP league at Yahoo, if for no other reason than to give Sloww something positive to do.

League name: Poly IDP FF09
    League ID#: 327337
    Password: plomp

Some changes to settings -- Yahoo has finally separated defenders by position, and I tweaked the scoring a bit from last year. I'm going for slightly shorter benches as well, to make the waiver wire meaningful.

Everything is editable, so sign up, have a look, post your thoughts, and let's get ready to roll.

Oh, and none of this 24-hour crap between picks. That's crazy. I'm thinking 4 hrs. is plenty, with no clock overnight. Targeting somewhere around Aug. 5-10 to start the draft.
    Ok, I signed up.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I get pretty vocal over time passing, but I hesitate on 4 hours. I can do it, with no problem, because I could leave a list from start to finish. I don't know so much about others. 8 might kill them. How much tough love do we want? Like I say, I'm cool with 4, for me.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I joined.
        "

Comment

I'm not trying to be a hardass, but I think the 24 hr/pick draft thing here just turned into force of habit. We do 2 hrs at FFZ, like 8am to 10pm. Hell, Zopper does it over there and the timing thing really sucks for hime; we have a West coaster too. If it doesn't work for someone, they can join the other league. It's just not that hard, Sloww. I'll consider 6 hrs if there's enough whining.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think I'm out, I like the 24 hour rule, I have a life beyond the computer.

I don't like making lists.

I work an 8 hour shift 5 days a week. So a minimum of 12 hours would be required.

Anyone that can't handle the 24 hour rule is really a whiny *****, so you only get the draft done 2 weeks before the start of the season instead of 3, BFD.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm not trying to be a hardass, but I think the 24 hr/pick draft thing here just turned into force of habit. We do 2 hrs at FFZ, like 8am to 10pm. Hell, Zopper does it over there and the timing thing really sucks for hime; we have a West coaster too. If it doesn't work for someone, they can join the other league. It's just not that hard, Sloww. I'll consider 6 hrs if there's enough whining.
              whine, whine, whine. I'm with Tubs.

As long as we submit lists, pay attention and don't invite Capy then 24 hours goes a lot quicker than advertised.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I like the short deadlines.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I do fantasy football for fun, making long ass lists and being whined to about making a pick ruins the fun.

ACK!

Comment

Seems like a "rich get richer" approach.
                    Hasn't really worked out that way. Mostly because you can only keep 1 QB, 1 RB, and 1 WR (and now 1 rookie) per year.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Long ass lists? Try it before you criticize it. You're wrong.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Long ass lists? Try it before you criticize it. You're wrong.
                        No I'm not, I know for a fact I don't like making lists.

ACK!

Comment

I do fantasy football for fun, making long ass lists and being whined to about making a pick ruins the fun.
                          It's the 24-hr BAPAY that creates all the whining; this mediates that. Seems like it's pretty simple to PM someone a short list for one's next pick. My experience has been that the shorter time frame doesn't make the overall draft go that much faster; it just eliminates those very frustrating full stops. The number of BAPAYs doesn't really change much if at all.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm with you 100%.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

It's the 24-hr BAPAY that creates all the whining; this mediates that. Seems like it's pretty simple to PM someone a short list for one's next pick. My experience has been that the shorter time frame doesn't make the overall draft go that much faster; it just eliminates those very frustrating full stops. The number of BAPAYs doesn't really change much if at all.
                              Make it 8 hours, a normal work or sleep shift, and I'm with you.

As for the whining, Slowwy will get over it.

ACK!

Comment

You're mistaken. Slowwy cares very deeply about the speed of the draft, and there's nothing you can do to stop him.

He's awesome that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X