Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can We At Least Talk About Who Will Run Leagues For NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join a non-keepers league
    "

Comment

OK, I checked and, as I suspected, since NFL's IR is "rest of the year," players aren't eligible for the list until they are out for the season (and therefore worthless to hang onto anyway). But this functionality would be critical in keeper/dynasty, say for someone who had Brady last year.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        There are 3 players kept: 1 QB, 1 RB, and 1 WR. You don't have to take your 3 keepers, you can instead take an extra round at the end of the draft (or rather, each keeper takes a round at the end of the draft).

We just added a Rookie keeper as well which started for this year (2008 rookies).

It's done at another site called "Fleaflicker". Basically the way its done is that its a draft where each team is given its keepers, by the commish, prior to the start of the draft. So they are undraftable because they are already assigned to a team.
        Seems like the guys keeping fewer than 3 should get extra rounds at the beginning, not extra dregs at the end...
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

what about an auction league?

Snoopy?

anyway, I'll join Rabbit's IDP league and I'd like to play an auction league.

But if Imran says a keeper league is more fun I'll have to consider it even if I dont see the appeal immediately. Problem is I dont wanna go over 4 leagues (and 1 yahoo ID) and we might be playing 2 leagues at FFZ, that would limit me to 2 leagues here. So if FFZ has only 1 league I might be available if y'all have a 3rd league here and need players.

wow, 6 defenders? Not that I mind, just never had to track down a DT or DE. That should be interesting
          Last edited by Berzerker; July 23, 2009, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            I've opened the IDP league at Yahoo, if for no other reason than to give Sloww something positive to do.
            In!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I signed up as the Dodgy Challengers!

Few comments:

(1) On the number of keepers we maintain. Obviously, we can vary this number and make it independent of position. I'd opt for 4 or 5 and make it flexible.

(2) The DEF players requirements are too precise and having to pick six defensive players in total is too many. I'd say we maximally pick 4 DEF players (1x DL, 2x LB and 1x DB), especially with the smaller bench.

(3) The IR looks intriguing. Does it mean that if I put a player on IR that I can pick up an extra player above the regular roster requirements? If so, we'd need to have rules in place on:
              - "Quarantining" players who aren't injured
              - Manipulation of the trade market (based on the fact that a team with IR'ed players has more players to trade)

Comment

I can run the non-IDP league, if there is enough interest in it.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

BTW, I'll enter Keeper and Non, and I'll set up Salary Cap and Survivor when they become available.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yikes, how many leagues are there gonna be?

Which will be the least time consuming & simpliest for beginners??
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

the non-IDP league would be easiest - thats a league with team defenses. Salary cap and survivor are other yahoo games and much easier to play, especially survivor. Just pick a team each week and if it wins, you survive.

Comment

IDP is the one like fantasy baseball then?
                        "

Comment

To clarify for those considering sign-up:

1. The IDP is not intended to be dynasty/keeper. Not by me at least. Dynasty leagues require a long-term commitment and stability. Not to mention, another whole discussion on structure and rules.
                          2. The number of defenders is definitely open to discussion. But since Yahoo finally split out positions of defense, and this is IDP, seemed like a natural path. One at each position, with a 2nd LB because they're so plentiful.
                          3. I am not inclined to having more than 8 on the bench, regardless of the number of starters. (If we could enforce the positional composition of the bench, that would be different.) When the bench gets too big, the waiver wire becomes worthless.
                          4. As explained earlier, the DL (IR) is worthless in non-keeper leagues. Yahoo rules state that the player must be on the NFL DL IRL to be eligible for listing (just like Yahoo baseball).

Comment

Six teams are IN...

me -- Vicious Rabbits
                            Sloww -- Dallas Dwarf Tossers
                            Zopper -- Dodgy Challengers
                            Koy -- Deviations
                            Duke o' York -- The Priapic Love Wow
                            Berz -- Topeka Twisters

A good start...

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                              Is that standard? I was under the impression more than that was kept. Also that there was a DL you could put people on.
                              Not sure what the standard is. But it may be more.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              Seems like the guys keeping fewer than 3 should get extra rounds at the beginning, not extra dregs at the end...
                              We like to promote the keeper part. As that is what is what more keeps the group together (it seems to me). Also, as Koy has pointed out, we may have fewer keepers than other keeper leagues.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Seems like a "rich get richer" approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X