Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
    It would have been wrong if either Japan, Korea or USA got it again so soon.
    Well then there is little choice but Australia and Qatar as all the UEFA teams pulled out of the 2022 race to focus on the 2018 race (because since a continent can't host two in a row, if a UEFA team won in 2018, being in it for 2022 would have been pointless).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Russia I get. Qatar? Retarded choice.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• newcastle have sacked chris hughton, the man who led them to the championship title and left them 11th in the prem. newcastle say they want someone more experienced. good move or just another case of newcastle shooting themselves in the foot?
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Peter Beardsley is in charge of Newcastle. Looks like things could turn ugly.

Comment

• This is very sad. Just when it looked like the Toon were figuring it out, being patient, and learning that a slow and steady climb may be better than trying to hit the home run every time out...
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Pardew
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• i see he's already bought into the bull**** that newcastle owners/fans believe

Alan Pardew has admitted that other managers have questioned his decision to become the new boss at Newcastle.
                The Magpies, who controversially sacked Chris Hughton on Monday, have used seven different managers over the last five-and-a-half years.

"I've had a lot of texts from managers saying 'you must be mad going there'," said Pardew, 49, on Thursday.
                "But it's one of the top five clubs in England. It's a daunting prospect but something I couldn't turn down."
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Size of their fanbase maybe. Wouldn't mind them going down now TBH.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Or in value:

Yearly rankings of the best employers in the United States, Canada as well as for women, diversity, recent grads and beyond.

(Though that is from 2007, but I believe it is similar for 2010)

Comment

• Apparently they fell to 7th place..
                      Yearly rankings of the best employers in the United States, Canada as well as for women, diversity, recent grads and beyond.

Mike Ashley is doing a terrific job.

Comment

• He's actually redefining England as an area that covers Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington.

Comment

• Mick McCarthy gets frightened by nothing

Comment

• Brilliant.

Comment

• Maybe he saw the keeper celebrating.

Comment

• To be fair, even last season when we were in the second division (take that Sky!), we still had the fourth highest average attendance in the country. Yes, above Liverpool, Chelsea and the evil ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X