Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may be my place of birth, but Liverpool's teams really sucked today. I was hoping for the reds to do us a nice favour by thumping the Mackems, and for the blues to beat Fulham who are pretty close to us in the table, but neither managed it.

FFS, even Tranmere were smacked 3-1.

Wigan, Blackpool and Arsenal also failed to do the Toon a favour in their games. Now we'll lose 2-1 tomorrow to two headers from long balls/throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
      Now we'll lose 2-1 tomorrow to two headers from long balls/throws.
      Not bad
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Edgar Davids visited Cardiff yesterday and Palace managed to mug us for a point. Bastards!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Jeez, even Derby can score 5 against Palace.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
            Not bad
            If only I'd had money on it like Dauphin....

Comment

• Liverpool. How low can you go?

Comment

• Could have been worse for them: they could have received a reducer from de Jong....

I used to love him in Football Manager, but I imagine his aggression stat will be at 20 in the next game.

Comment

• They should sell Torres, Gerrard and Kuijt over the winter break and finally play again with Leeds next season.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• They should sell Torres on the basis that he will never be any good again.

Comment

• In any case they should sell them all, and add Reina for free to the prospective buyer. The only way to get rid of the owners is to go to the Championship, so it is in their interest. Man U will follow soon.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                        In any case they should sell them all, and add Reina for free to the prospective buyer. The only way to get rid of the owners is to go to the Championship, so it is in their interest. Man U will follow soon.
                        You not keeping up with current events at Liverpool?

Comment

• Former owners of Liverpool FC, Hocks and Sellit, are warning the new owners to be careful when they finally come in and complete the deal to take ownership of Liverpool FC.

"When we took over Liverpool FC in 2007," said spokesman for Hocks and Sellit, Brandon Cattle, "we inherited debts of a trifling forty-five million or so. No matter how much money we poured into the club, the debts kept getting higher. Our accountants have poured over the accounts, but cannot locate where the money has been going. Now the debts are two hundred and eighty million!"

New owners Morton Mooney and Thane Sence run several successful sporting franchises in the United States of Armenia, including the Boston Red Sox.

"We're all dangity aware of the kinds of problems Liverpool [pronounced L-eye-ver pool] are facing," said Morton Mooney. "We darned well saw them at Boston too. It all comes down to the fans. I'm guessing Liverpool and Boston are very similar. Low income families, high crime rate, and everybody in the neighbourhood of the stadium has a freshly asphalted drive and satellite TV. Tell me I'm wrong, I double dare yer son."

Thane Sence was quick to point out that Mooney was not intimating that the money was effectively being stolen by the local populace. "We've heard the people of Liverpool are warm and generous," he said. "They'd give you the coat of their back to help you out, and it's this camaraderie we want to harvest to get Liverpool back where it belongs, top of the Bundersliga and winning the World Cup!"

There are no plans at this time to make Liverpool wear red socks, nor add "Red Sox" to their name.

Comment

• New owners Morton Mooney and Thane Sence run several successful sporting franchises in the United States of Armenia

I like this one

Comment

• Woeful stuff from Ingerlund against the mighty Montenegro - a country of 650,000 people. When you reach for the bench and pull out Kevin Davies you must know there's something seriously wrong somewhere. He should have given Wilshire 15 minutes - at least the lad can control a football, unlike most of those clowns out there.

Comment

• be lucky that the bar did not go in

Comment

Working...
                                X