NHL realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL realignment

If they move Phoenix to Hamilton, this is what I think they should do.

1. Montreal-Toronto-Hamilton-Ottawa
    2. Boston-Buffalo-Pittsburgh-Philadelphia
    3. NYR, NYI, NJ, Washington
    4. Carolina-Atlanta-Florida-Tampa Bay

This makes much more sense then the current system. Out west:

5. Vancouver-Calgary-Edmonton-Winnipeg* (expansion)
    6. Los Angeles-Anaheim-San Jose-Portland* (expansion)
    7. Denver-Dallas-Houston(Nashville)-Kansas City(Columbus)
    8. Detroit-Chicago-St Louis-Minnesota

The alternative without expansion is also messy:

Montreal-Toronto-Hamilton-Ottawa-Buffalo
    Philadelphia-Pittsburgh--NJ-NYI-NYR
    Carolina-Florida-Tampa Bay-Boston-Washington

Atlanta-Nashville-Columbus-St.Louis-Detroit (CENTRAL DIVISION)
    Chicago-Denver-Dallas-Minnesota (MIDWEST DIVISION)
    Vancouver-Los Angeles-Anaheim-Calgary-Edmonton-San Jose (WEST DIVISION)

If you put Hamilton in the west, you have:

Detroit-Hamilton-Columbus-Chicago-Nashville
    Denver-Dallas-Minnesota-St. Louis
    Vancouver-Los Angeles-Anaheim-Calgary-Edmonton-San Jose.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

The league is not going to expand anytime soon...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, I'd rather not have St. Louis replacing Phoenix, and Atlanta moving West. Bad enough having teams on Eastern time in the West.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They need to get rid of more of the southern teams.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Detroit-Hamilton-Columbus-Chicago-Nashville
          Denver-Dallas-Minnesota-St. Louis
          Vancouver-Los Angeles-Anaheim-Calgary-Edmonton-San Jose.

Agreed that one goal should have teams in the Eastern Time Zone be in the Eastern Conference. Right now, the only teams that applies to are the Wings and Jackets. So, the ideal situation would be to move (at least) two Eastern teams (hello, Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, Islanders) to Western locales (Seattle, Portland, Kansas City, Austin, Houston, San Diego, Winnipeg, Sacramento, Salt Lake City).
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Seattle, Portland, Winnipeg

Fair enough

Kansas City, San Diego, Houston

No more Southern teams.

Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Austin

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

San Diego? Is there a more bat**** crazy place to put an NHL team that's not called Las Vegas? And given that, how far along do think Bettman is in granting franchises to those two cities?
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

San Diego can't do any worse than PHX or ATL. Not my personal preference, certainly. I'd much rather have northern teams.

Comment

Salt Lake City

Climate's right, metro area comparable to Edmonton and Calgary, and only one other game in town. And lord knows the Mormons like a good spot of the ultra-violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    San Diego can't do any worse than PHX or ATL. Not my personal preference, certainly. I'd much rather have northern teams.

I think it can be every bit as bad, if not worse. Both Phoenix and Atlanta are a bigger by a good margin. Atlanta is a much more significant business center, meaning alot more corporate money. Phoenix has lots of northern transplants (not that it's doing them a ton of good). And both of those cities already suck as NHL sites.
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Climate's right, metro area comparable to Edmonton and Calgary, and only one other game in town.

Uh....you do realize that for a US city to support an NHL team requires like 3 times the population of a Canadian city, right? Especially when the US city has absolutely no hockey culture?
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Salt Lake gets 16,000+ for Major League Soccer games. I'm fairly sure they'd get at least that for NHL games. And that's more than Atlanta or Phoenix this year.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Isn't hockey a bit too heretical for the mormons?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Perhaps, but think of the family packages they could put together for SLC games: a man and his favorite three wives, plus any four of their children, hot dogs and no beer for all. Only $150!

Edit: And, instead of towels for playoff games, they can wave their magic underwear.

Comment

And hockey is like the whitest sport there is... the Mormons will eat it up!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X