No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Crosby should have made a better effort to shake everyone's hand, but way too much is being made of it. Coach or Lemieux or someone should simply have pulled him aside after the fact, made him aware of what he should do in the future, and that should be the end of it.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• So he should ditch out of all of the TV interviews the NHL asked him to do?

I don't think he did anything wrong. A lot is expected of him media-wise and team-wise, and ensuring he shakes all of the Wings hands before they stomp out in a huff shouldn't override the other obligations.

If they really wanted to shake his hand so bad, they could've hung out a bit longer like the other half of the Wings did.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Do you think the media is just going to leave if he does the hand shaking thing first? Everyone is just looking for sound bites. All he has to do is notice when everyone is lining up to shake hands, say "sorry, give me a minute", go do the "good game" thing and then come back and do the rest of his interviews. It's not rocket science, nor is it something that should get anyone's panties in a bunch either way.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Still better than LeBron.
          I love the handshake line and how the fans of the losing team stick around.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            Pirates can make it three!

The Pens & Steelers have to win championships to even out the disgrace of the Pirates. Of the thousands of fans in the city celebrating the Cup, less than one in one hundred could have named 6 players on the Pens before the playoffs started. Fact

Nice...I get to close the NHL playoff thread just like the Pens closed out the playoffs.
            Last edited by Mon River Monarch; June 16, 2009, 13:36.

Comment

Working...
            X