No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I arrived at that number from the assumption that a daily league should roughly perform like a weekly league in terms of numbers of starts; the reason for daily changes is to make injuries easier to deal with, not to allow more players to be played [even if that is the effect of being daily]. Thus, set the IP max at a reasonable maximum for someone who in a weekly league started all SPs (as much as possible based on the roster). For 5 SPs, 50 is a good number. Basically, 9 IPs for each starter, and a few extra for the RPs. Unless you have basically all of your SPs pitch twice in the week, you won't hit the max (and since you'll probably only average 6 IPs per starter, even then you'll barely go over it).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

you can do that for roto and point leagues, but the max IP is for the season - 1250-2000 IP is the range I've seen used.

Fab, we need the league ID - should be 6 numbers

Comment

Two posts and a PM...think I got the message. Don't you guys ever play poker?

League ID: 210786
        Password: banana

We're already at a 50 acquisition max, so we'll keep that. It's set for a loser consolation bracket, the extra week is, well, who doesn't like an extra week of baseball? I'm gonna add an INF and and OF, and one P, any thoughts on how to balance that with the number of bench positions?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Like I said earlier, you don't really need to add any bench positions - flex positions like MI, CI, and P (by the way, I suggest MI and CI not INF, as the quality of the 1B position far outweighs the MI position, so INF might as well be another 1B with occasional 3Bs mixed in) are basically just bench positions anyway, you don't need backups for them as they're flex players.

50 acquisitions seems reasonable I suppose

Comment

BTW, Stuie just sent me his email and said he'd be able to make it so he's the 8th. If DD wants to join we need to find a 10th... or put some hard pressure on Ozzy...

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You don't seem to understand how fun Auctions are. Instead of stressing about which players to pick in case someone else picks them, you just frantically bid up players that you want, and bid up even more players that you don't want in order to get other people to pick them And it's all over in two hours. Way less work.

Comment

So.. are we using the ESPN league to do the auction?

Comment

yes, but the league is set up at yahoo

and Snoop's right about the MI CI thing, either MI or both with an extra P slot and maybe an extra OF. I could go for that (or whatever y'all come up with, just do it asap). I asked DD a while back and he never posted so Stuie's our 8th. I'll post the league info at FFZ for Walrus

Comment

Final Settings*

League ID#: 210786
                      League Name: DailyPoly
                      Password: banana
                      Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....ague/dailypoly
                      Season Type: Full
                      Draft Type: Offline Draft
                      Max Teams: 12
                      Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
                      Player Universe: All baseball
                      New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
                      Max Moves: 50
                      Max Trades: No maximum
                      Trade Reject Time: 2
                      Trade End Date: August 16, 2009
                      Waiver Time: 2 days
                      Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
                      Trade Review: League Votes
                      Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
                      Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
                      Min Innings Pitched: 20
                      Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
                      Start Scoring on: Week 1
                      Playoffs: Week 24 and 25 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL (24 players total)

Stat Categories: R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

*Final unless I'm forced to add a couple benchers.

Only four have signed up so far. The draft is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am EDT.
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

What the hell is wrong with ESPN? Don't ask for a freakin' user name and then display my actual name.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I think you can modify that...

Comment

EmpFab, you do need to accept the ESPN league invite ASAP or it won't let you in the auction... if you haven't received it (and two recent reminder emails) check your junk mail filters.

Also, you might want to up bench to 6 ... 4 is a bit tight even for me

Comment

Thanks to Empfab not joining the league prior to 10:00 am EST, we can't use ESPN directly for the auction (it cancels the auction if the league is not filled at least 1 hour prior to the auction time). We'll have to do this either over YIM!/MSN/GTalk/etc., like last year, or put it off until next week. Thoughts?

Comment

No harm in waiting another week.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X