No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for EmpFab to do so - he said he'd do so today.

I strictly oppose a deeper bench, especially on a mlb-all league. If there's too deep a bench the waiver wire is useless, and bench strategy is a very important aspect of fantasy strategy.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

BTW, anyone know if Stuie is joining or not??? If not we could just add Deity Dude in his slot...

Comment

C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT SP SP RP P P

Does that suit everyone? Or do we want more pitching positions?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

kinda depends on our stat categories, if we're doin Saves and Holds we need more pitching. We're using 7 pitching spots in our 12 man league but thats weekly. We could go with 6, maybe throw in a RP. Its daily anyway, limiting the pitching slots just means we have to make more roster changes and I dont know what we get out of it. Hell, I'd go with 7 P and let people decide how to use the slots

edit, you got a RP there I see, throw in a P that'd be 2 SP- 1 RP - 3 P

That would give us 4 relievers a day with room for 2 starters

Comment

R, hr, rbi, 2b, sb, obp, slg, w, sv, k, era, whip, k/9
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

TEF, we should use (at least) Y! default:
              C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UTIL SP SP SP RP RP P P (7 pitchers 9 hitters)

as with the small number of managers, having a small number on the roster makes it even worse.

Honestly, the best compromise in terms of 8 managers/ALL MLB is:
              C 1B 2B 3B SS MI CI OF OF OF OF UTIL SP SP SP RP RP P P P P (12 hitters 9 pitchers) plus 7 bench (MI/CI and extra P slots actually REDUCE the need for bench, not increase, as they're basically one backup for their respective positions so you just need 2 infielder backups)

which means we use slightly more players (and thus strategy, again, matters a bit more).

Comment

here we go

FINAL STATS: R, HR, RBI, 2B, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

a deeper bench (+2?) will not deplete the waiver wire of quality players. We got 8 people, thats 16 extra players on our benches. Thats 1 + round in our 12 man draft, or about middle of the 9th round - I'm still picking quality players and we're in the 13th round. But its y'alls league

edit dont rely on that math

I wouldn't mind an extra INF and/or OF and 8 pitching spots, I like having RPs going when all my starters are resting.
                Last edited by Berzerker; March 10, 2009, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  extra P slots actually REDUCE the need for bench, not increase
                  and they reduce the need for more roster changes

Comment

Indeed... I was just justifying not substantially increasing bench size due to the extra players.

Also, in a daily league reducing bench size is a very effective way to reduce cycling (changing SPs in and out excessively to accumulate more Ws/Ks).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      Also, in a daily league reducing bench size is a very effective way to reduce cycling (changing SPs in and out excessively to accumulate more Ws/Ks).
                      That wont stop me you gotta limit the adds/drops. That'll just make me add and drop pitchers all the time, and I do that anyway I usually try to have 3-4 SPs I like and one open spot for adding and dropping based on daily match ups. Now, some people dont like that but thats how I play, not out of any strategy really, I just get bored as hell when I dont have SPs pitching. The only time strategy enters my mind is when my SPs blow up early in the week and the only way to salvage any categories is throwing more IP to dilute the bad stats. Better to balance the pitching cats and not limit ourselves with restrictive benches and add limits etc.

W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

actually throwing more hurts the last 3 cats to win 2, you gotta figure lower tier SPs are gonna hurt ERA, WHIP and K/9. But sure, if I'm down a Win going into Sunday I'm picking up an SP or 2 Saturday - be prepared. I have played a league with a 40 add/drop limit and I did finish without trouble.
                      Last edited by Berzerker; March 10, 2009, 21:59.

Comment

I'm not fussy regarding any of the rules, actually--roster spots, leagues, whatever. I do think a smaller bench would be for the best, as well as a weekly limit on roster moves
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I dont think they have a weekly limit, we played 40 for the season, thats almost 2 a week. I'm usually close to 100 when free to add and drop. I think, maybe 80-100. But if we have someone miss the draft a limit like that will screw them even worse. They'll need to be making plenty of changes.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, if anyone is in doubt of making the draft can pre-rank/value limits players. The rules are a bit weird so I suggest reading up on absent managers.

Comment

set up the league

and i have walrus' confirmation, he wants all MLB for the draft
                            Last edited by Berzerker; March 11, 2009, 04:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

actually throwing more hurts the last 3 cats to win 2
                              You risk hurting the last 3 cats (they can improve too) while the first two can only get better.

I dislike this strategy in roto leagues (where at least once you reached the IP limit stats don't count anymore) go figure in a h2h one where stats are reset every week.

Basically someone who pitches/ditches against someone who doesn't can spend 0$ on pitchers and auto-win 2 cats by fielding a slew of mediocre pitchers against a top notch rotation... sounds too good to me.

That's the reason I don't join daily leages usually but hey I'll live with it

Comment

They should have a weekly transaction limit option; they have one for fantasy hockey.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X