• Show
Clear All

ok, walrus is good to go

Comment

Still waiting on:

TEF
      Imran
      Stuie

PMs were sent over the weekend. You all need to let us know one way or the other ASAP...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

is that 8?

Comment

With those 3 it makes 8. None of the above [including the league commish ] has responded to my PM.

If Imran doesn't at least respond I might sick DanQ on him

Comment

is this mlb or just 1 league?

I vote all mlb

if we're voting

Comment

I'd rather have it being one league only as last year, I don't particularly like teams full of superstars.

Comment

If it's 8 I don't mind MLB. If it's 6 (as it currently stands) absolutely not. I'd prefer just 1 league even of 8 but it's not a big deal at that number.

With Auction the big problem is that if you have too many players available per manager, strategy is really different (and much less important), because suddenly it's much better to take a bunch of $1 players. If a $1 (or so) player is Milton Bradley (as an 8 manager league he probably would be) or Chone Figgins or anyone normally drafted after about round 12-13, why spend $10 on a player slightly better? OTOH if $1 only buys you Chris Getz or some pitcher with a 5.85 ERA, you are a bit more careful with your spending.
                Last edited by snoopy369; March 10, 2009, 12:30.

Comment

Ok guys, I'm ready to set up the league, but I need to know if we're going to do ALL MLB or just one league.

So far votes are:

ALL - TEF, Berz
                  ONE - Fist
                  EITHER - snooooooopers
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

If it's a tie vote I'd vote ONE, but I don't want to create a tie.

Comment

well, lets try to get 2 more people can you still adjust the league size? Deity Dude might play. I'm not unsympathetic to the argument against MLB but I just like both leagues I'll ask Walrus what he prefers...

Comment

2 more would be grand I can always recreate the league if I have to in order to have 10.

Comment

well, I dont know if we can get 2 and the problem is getting one person and not finding a 2nd.

I see its a h2h point system, how does that work? Points decide outcomes instead of won/loss categories? I think I played a points league 2 years ago. Are we holding the draft at espn but the league will be set up at yahoo? ie same settings etc

Comment

Ignore the ESPN settings, we're not using that for the real league. It's just the default settings (I'm lazy).

Comment

oh yeah, I asked Walrus what he wants but I gotta get clarification. He usually plays all MLB so I'll be surprised if wants one league. He does want a deeper bench (2 more would be nice) and so do I. Y'all know how busy I am with the waiver wire every year, a deeper bench will make it easier on me.

Comment

Can you set the league up at Yahoo so we can research players with our settings?

Comment

Working...
                                X