X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Fantastic guys. hellavu lot better than last year.

And thanks Snoopy for suggesting the auction. I picked guys like I was John Ferguson Jr., but definitely fun.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• It's amazing the difference in overall talent levels you get per team with 14 teams in the draft.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• My draft didn't go as well as it could have. I should have set my draft order in Yahoo. I was spending too much time looking for my picks.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You can use the search thing in the bottom part of the draft window
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
              Fantastic guys. hellavu lot better than last year.

And thanks Snoopy for suggesting the auction. I picked guys like I was John Ferguson Jr., but definitely fun.

I thought it was a ton of fun-- Some of the early prices were so outrageous and then you pick up guys at the end for a song-- My team isn't all that I hoped but it is better than I feared

I did start spending in the middle there like gangbusters-- I was worried I would end up with a sack of cash and no one to spend it on

Some anomolies too

Didn't Crosbie go for 40 bucks? I think there were 4 more centres alone that went for more than that-- Any disn't Iggy go for more than Ovechkin?? weird when you consider how little depth there mis at LW
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                You can use the search thing in the bottom part of the draft window

I used that a lot -- between my turns I was pulling guys from further down the list into my queue on the side as well---
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• That played into my strategy in the Yahoo pool...I drafted a full duo of LW and then RW before C, due to scarcity. There's dozens of comparable C, but very few mid to top end LW...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Less depth at RW, I would say.
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• Nah, LW for sure is weaker than RW.

LW < RW <<<<< C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                        It's amazing the difference in overall talent levels you get per team with 14 teams in the draft.

Ditto on that

I don't think there are any good goalies left (28 drafted will do that )

As for players-- around 20 additional skaters drafted means that the free agent pool is pretty crappy

-- In the auction its the opposite-- with only 8 teams I thought there were lots of good players still on the table

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

-- In the auction its the opposite-- with only 8 teams I thought there were lots of good players still on the table
                          Night and day, for sure. I mean, despite all my problems with the technical side of it, I still have a considerably better team in ESPN (on paper, anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            That played into my strategy in the Yahoo pool...I drafted a full duo of LW and then RW before C, due to scarcity. There's dozens of comparable C, but very few mid to top end LW...

I had the same idea and did fill in centres later but man the elite LWs went fast!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki

Night and day, for sure. I mean, despite all my problems with the technical side of it, I still have a considerably better team in ESPN (on paper, anyway).
                              That was unfortunate-- The whole interface was very very good for me and I think I would enjoy additional auctions--

Oh my espn team should just kill my yahoo one-- half as many teams SHOULD make that the case for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                                Any disn't Iggy go for more than Ovechkin?? weird when you consider how little depth there mis at LW
                                Yes, yes he did. I paid $60 for Alex, then $62 for Iggy. I had a pretty good draft even that blowing that much dough (still have about $20 left over... should of got Crosby damn!)
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X